Gas Masks w/ Glasses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all the craziness going on right now, I've decided to add a gas mask to my gear. I'm blind as a bat, so glasses are not an option. Aside from surgery, contact lenses or stumbling into things, what are my choices? Right now I'm leaning towards prescription goggles with a half mask. Seems like in the Navy guys wore wire rim glasses with the MCU-2P, but that was long ago in a galaxy far away.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should not wear glasses with temples with full face respirators. Most have options for spectacle kit inserts that you take the kit and mask to the eye doc and they fit you up for them. May be cost prohibitive though, but less expensive than breaking the seal on the respirator at the wrong time and exposing yourself.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all seriousness, considering this is in the "prepper" forum. IMHO, anyone who is dependent on eye glasses should consider corrective surgery to be number one on the "prep" list. The cost for corrective procedures has gone way down and they can do it on more people who used to be deemed unfit candidates.

I had mine done in 2004 and still see better than 20/20. It was a godsend. Crossing over the 50 year old mark has introduced low power reading glasses into my life but that's less of a concern.

If you are medically disqualified from surgery. Then the inserts mentioned are the best option. Some can be had for a couple hundred bucks.

https://spectaclekits.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom