Gay Colorado couple sues bakery for allegedly refusing them wedding cake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because he's a greedy bigot. Your argument rates right up there with the klansman claiming that he's not racist because he has a black friend.

Sorry but I have never known a klansman that would claim he had a black friend, and I have known several. They have all been racist a$$holes that would have nothing to do with black people and black people would have nothing to do with them.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry but I have never known a klansman that would claim he had a black friend, and I have known several. They have all been racist a$$holes that would have nothing to do with black people and black people would have nothing to do with them.

EDIT: If he were just a greedy bigot, he could have just baked them a second rate cake or added "special" ingredients to the batter.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't known that many people who have gone over Niagra Falls in a barrel, but the ones I have, were just ordinary hard working people trying to better themselves.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brandi said:
As far as the cake place goes I'm sort of split, I believe that any business should be able to deny service but only as long as it doesn't violate someones civil rights. You can't deny service to someone who's black or Jewish (that I know of) so I don't think you should be able to deny service based on someones sexuality.

Getting away from so-called civil rights (whatever the hell those are) and just talking about pure natural rights, do you think a person has a right to initiate violence against others to make them render involuntary service, if they do not want to serve him, regardless of the reason?

I don't care what the politicians have to say about it... no one has a right to have another person do a single affirmative thing for him. The only true rights are negative rights -- i.e. the right to be left alone to do as you please without interference from others. Forcing any person to engage in involuntary servitude against his own conscience is evil, no matter how you slice it and no matter how strongly you disagree with his reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom