Gig'Em Aggies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I agree, the SEC homers and ESPN (practically the same thing) attribute their success in the SEC to the new coach.

And those homers will completely ignore the fact that Sumlin is an Big XII offensive guy :D Spending years coaching offense at A&M and then OU before his head coaching stint at Houston.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Gig'Em! The giant has officially awaken! The rest of the country watch out, A&M will be tough beat for many years to come. A&M is on the edge of becoming a dynasty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dynasty??!! :rollingla You won't get past LSU and Bama year in and year out..... or Florida.

It will happen. Living in Tulsa you just don't understand how much power Texas A&M actually has. 50,000 students, one the largest (and fastest growing, and wealthiest) alumni bases in the country, one of the top 10 in endowments,etc....

Big money Ags who have more money than can even imagine are donating in droves. We are about to build a 450 million dollar stadium that will be the nicest college venue for decades to come. We have the coaches, the players, and the recruits are litterally knocking down doors trying to get offers from A&M. Once started this train will be tough to stop. LSU? Alabama? Ha! This team and it's coaches aren't scared of nobody. They have proved that time and time again this season.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope they do well......but outside of 1 year they didnt do squat in the big 12.

Hence the sleeping giant nomenclature that the Aggies have held for about the last 15 years. RC Slocum didn't adapt to the changing culture of the Big 12, Fran nearly single-handedly sunk the program, and Sherman just was too slow and old school. He also butted heads with the board and the big money donors.

All I'm saying (without getting too excited and carried away) is that just about all the pieces are finally in place at TAMU to come back in a big way to national prevalence in college football. Hell yes I'm pumped!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will happen. Living in Tulsa you just don't understand how much power Texas A&M actually has. 50,000 students, one the largest (and fastest growing, and wealthiest) alumni bases in the country, one of the top 10 in endowments,etc....

Well living in Midwest City, I guess money impresses you? But I've gotten outside of Tulsa a bit so I know how reality works. Lots of programs have big money. Just ask Notre Dame, Texas, Penn State etc..... plus it's not like you've JUST got into that money recently. You've had it for awhile and you went nowhere. Your athletic dept made some hasty and poor coaching decisions plain and simple.

We are about to build a 450 million dollar stadium that will be the nicest college venue for decades to come. We have the coaches, the players, and the recruits are litterally knocking down doors trying to get offers from A&M. Once started this train will be tough to stop. LSU? Alabama? Ha! This team and it's coaches aren't scared of nobody. They have proved that time and time again this season.

I get it, you're new to this.... so it's easy to talk big after one... and I mean ONE big win. Recruits will come for sure, just like they will to a number of programs. However, kids go to winning programs.... the big recruits will go to Florida, LSU, or Bama because they want to win.

Last edited:

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hard for an outsider to understand the Civil War that has been going on behind the scenes at TAMU during the 2000s. Our big money guys haven't been donating much over the last 15 years. Lots of bickering, egos, and attitudes on both sides. Well A&M has recently gone through a much needed purging of all the old egos. Top to bottom things have completly 180'd. From the board, to the President, to the athletic dept, to a new conference....things are just different.

Whether you refuse to believe it or not, I can guarantee you that A&M will in fact continue to rise at an incredible pace up the college football hierarchy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom