Gig'Em Aggies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's hard for an outsider to understand the Civil War that has been going on behind the scenes at TAMU during the 2000s. Our big money guys haven't been donating much over the last 15 years. Lots of bickering, egos, and attitudes on both sides. Well A&M has recently gone through a much needed purging of all the old egos. Top to bottom things have completly 180'd. From the board, to the President, to the athletic dept, to a new conference....things are just different.

That's awesome, good for them. However, come back and talk when you've got a few undefeated seasons or a few NC's. Until then.... it's all talk when it comes to being a "dynasty."

Weather you refuse to believe it or not, I can guarantee you that A&M will in fact continue to rise at an incredible pace up the college football hierarchy.

I think they'll do well in the SEC but you're getting in a little over your head. What you don't understand is that several programs have money for years.... lots of money.... more than A&M.... and that doesn't equal wins. Just ask Texas. :D

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The culture and attitudes at Texas is starting to remind me a lot of A&M in the late 90s (just on a larger scale). Complacency and refusing to adapt is a dangerous thing, A&M knows all too much about that.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ESPN has already worn out the phrase "Johnny Football". Since they don't know and don't care how annoying they can become in using a phrase over and over. They leave me no choice but to wish career ending luck to Johnny Manziel.

If you question my powers, just remember what happened to Tyrann Mathieu -- aka the "Honey Badger"

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoyed the game, quite a nail biter. Not often do I root for any Texas team, but I did enjoy seeing Alabama fall. Not sure how it happened, after they were rated #1 and TTU was #15(?). How could that happen? Could it be the fellers that rate teams aren't as smart as they think???

Now, who can KO Notre Dame?

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am very happy that A&M moved to the SEC. Some of the responses in this thread explain why.

San, I agree. A&M now has a much brighter future outside of the sensitivity fest of the BGS.

We beat Texas! No, you beat the Longhorns.
We beat Oklahoma! No, you beat the Sooners.

So glad I don't have to listen to that anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom