• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Glock 17, Rem 870 and police gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
If you have been hired by a department and they issued you a commission and credentials, you should be eligible for the Glock Blue Label program.

H&H is a Glock LE distributor and the last I heard, the 17 was $425.00 plus local tax.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
As stated above, if you have been selected to attend a reserve academy, you can use your commission card with GT distributors and buy a blue label Glock for under 400 new; shipping was $20 the last time I purchased from them. I'm surprised they want you to provide a shotgun. CLEET has stopped training new cadets the art of the shotgun.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
As stated above, if you have been selected to attend a reserve academy, you can use your commission card with GT distributors and buy a blue label Glock for under 400 new; shipping was $20 the last time I purchased from them. I'm surprised they want you to provide a shotgun. CLEET has stopped training new cadets the art of the shotgun.

He might be able to save a few dollars avoiding the local taxes, but the addition of transfer fees at his local FFL may run it back up again. The Aim surplus deal sounds a little more cost effective.

There’s a young pup who is a member of my gun club and shoots competition with us. He started the reserve academy last year and when he came to me with his list of class supplies and equipment, an 870 was on it. My preference would be my Benelli M-1 semi-auto which I qualified with and carried I’m my final years.

I think I still have some belts (don’t know your size) and Bianchi mag pouches and maybe some cuff cases, but my holsters are left handed. PM me and we can talk about it.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
He might be able to save a few dollars avoiding the local taxes, but the addition of transfer fees at his local FFL may run it back up again. The Aim surplus deal sounds a little more cost effective.

There’s a young pup who is a member of my gun club and shoots competition with us. He started the reserve academy last year and when he came to me with his list of class supplies and equipment, an 870 was on it. My preference would be my Benelli M-1 semi-auto which I qualified with and carried I’m my final years.

Possibly, unless he knows an FFL, he will save money. I do think the AIM surplus is a good route though, but I'd rather pay a few bucks more for a new pistol.

We haven't helped with a reserve academy in a few years, but as of the last year or so, CLEET has gotten rid of the shotgun completely. Of course, us firearms instructors were against it, but CLEET didn't care what we thought. I don't see CLEET having shotgun in their curriculum anymore with reserves, though I'm probably wrong. CLEET has given that responsibility to the sponsoring department to teach shotgun if they want.

I also think I have some items somewhere in storage. I might even have a light bearing 6360.. I'll look and if I can find anything, will PM you.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
We haven't helped with a reserve academy in a few years, but as of the last year or so, CLEET has gotten rid of the shotgun completely. Of course, us firearms instructors were against it, but CLEET didn't care what we thought. I don't see CLEET having shotgun in their curriculum anymore with reserves, though I'm probably wrong. CLEET has given that responsibility to the sponsoring department to teach shotgun if they want.

I’m always in favor of as much training as possible in LE. The shotgun still has its uses if the user knows how and when to use it. I know the rifle has become very popular since I retired, but as the old saying goes, “better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it”. I’d have both.

Plene Paratus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll bet you the Kiesler guns are our old guns we traded in when we moved to the 17M. If so, we sold them to Kieslers with three mags each, and they got about 1700 of them. Funny thing is, they wanted 400, if we wanted to buy our old individually-issued gun.

ETA: apparently I don't read so gud. We traded in G22 Gen 4's.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom