Glock 17L

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really need to take my Gen I Glock 17 to the next fun show, I can remember when no one wanted a Gen I for any amount of money after the Gen III came out.
Tell me more about it. First 3 digits of the serial number, condition, extras. I have one worth ~$5-6K and another that would probably bring $500-$550.

The first (there were several revisions) Gen 1 manual will usually bring $1000+

PM me if you like, I may be interested depending on what it is.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TGV says ~$695 used to ~$900 new.
TGV don’t know what they are talking about in this one. Here is a sample of a new one and good used one that recently sold on Gunbroker.

241884DC-AF16-4F9B-A7D7-BE555D706637.jpeg
1B0D3990-DE29-452A-99EE-C203BFE86F34.jpeg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
TGV don’t know what they are talking about in this one. Here is a sample of a new one and good used one that recently sold on Gunbroker.

View attachment 344446View attachment 344448
GB is an overpriced racket and there are plenty of ignorant folks spending money there. TGV and Guns International have real price ranges. Best bet for you then would be to sell it on GB.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a BL 17l for the wife 2-3 years ago for $495. She runs it pretty well. Bought a second one for her last year NIB from a private party for $750, which I thought was an okay price

Anyone can purchase BL pistols. Just join the GSSF, you get one pistol purchase coupon per year.

I wish I had the original 17 L that was ported. It had everything it came with. I never thought the original Tupperware would be worth more then what I paid for it originally.

Regards,

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GB is an overpriced racket and there are plenty of ignorant folks spending money there. TGV and Guns International have real price ranges. Best bet for you then would be to sell it on GB
OP: based on GB results, $900-$1600 in original configuration. Depending on condition and original accessories. Less if molested.

JEVapa: that’s a pretty broad brush. in my mind atleast, GB is a pretty good resource. It atleast let’s you know what something might be worth in mostly real time. TGV and GI, seem to lag behind a bit and maybe give too much consideration to markets/forums such as this one. “Ignorant folks spending money” is what makes the world turn. Anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. GB certainly can be an overpriced racket- especially on readily available stuff, but For realizing the most money out of a rare/collectible/desirable firearm, GB is probably anyones best bet. Or maybe an auction house for truly rare and unique items. But GB has its place. So do markets like armslist and okshooters. Buyers can do well for themselves on any format as long as they aren’t just “ignorant folks spending money”. Sellers too.

And my remarks are in no way a comment on the rarity/collectibility/desirability of Glock pistols.

ETA: I should bolster my “argument” by saying that I have listed several items for sale locally with little to no interest, and later listed on GB and realized a significantly higher return- GB fees included.

I just have an affinity toward any place that sells boom sticks. Except maybe Cabela’s and asspro

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom