Glock 17L

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
My description is pretty accurate. GB is where everyone goes to sell high priced stuff and people with money and little discernment give them that money. You can still find reasonable deals there but you have to search, peruse, and return several days later. GB demonstrates top dollar that people will pay, and if you haven't noticed, much of the inventory isn't sold.
Given that your assumed pricing is within what? $200 or less of the TGV high, you might move them fairly easy. But if you try top dollar, they might be sitting. forever.
TGV is just a value tool. They provide the latest values of whatever item has sold in various markets. GI provides an actual market...same thing as GB, if it's too high, it sits. Forever.
Also, GB prices definitely don't work here. The high end of TGV probably won't either unless you can work a deal with someone who knows what they are and is willing to part with cash instead of goats or G34s. I'd take the pristine value, and factor in GB debt (your fees) and 10%-20% and subtract that, and you might sell it here. But who knows. Some folks here will spend $2K on some obscure weirdo gun but want to trade goats for a few hundred dollar trinkets.
GLWS

Last edited:

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My description is pretty accurate. GB is where everyone goes to sell high priced stuff and people with money and little discernment give them that money. You can still find reasonable deals there but you have to search, peruse, and return several days later. GB demonstrates top dollar that people will pay, and if you haven't noticed, much of the inventory isn't sold.
Given that your assumed pricing is within what? $200 or less of the TGV high, you might move them fairly easy. But if you try top dollar, they might be sitting. forever.
TGV is just a value tool. They provide the latest values of whatever item has sold in various markets. GI provides an actual market...same thing as GB, if it's too high, it sits. Forever.
Also, GB prices definitely don't work here. The high end of TGV probably won't either unless you can work a deal with someone who knows what they are and is willing to part with cash instead of goats or G34s. I'd take the pristine value, and factor in GB debt (your fees) and 10%-20% and subtract that, and you might sell it here. But who knows. Some folks here will spend $2K on some obscure weirdo gun but want to trade goats for a few hundred dollar trinkets.
GLWS
Accurate. GB prices absolutely do not work here, but they do provide a decent top dollar estimate. If you’ve got a top dollar item, GB’s juice is probably worth the squeeze. And only on a true auction, No reserve. Otherwise, no. Also, filtering to GB completed auctions is much more useful in determining approximate value, as is notating which items have been relisted even though there was a winning bid previously. You and I are probably more on the same page than I thought originally.

That’s said, I do like goats- or atleast eating them. G34s I couldn’t care less about. Im sure they’re fine pistols though

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Accurate. GB prices absolutely do not work here, but they do provide a decent top dollar estimate. If you’ve got a top dollar item, GB’s juice is probably worth the squeeze. And only on a true auction, No reserve. Otherwise, no. Also, filtering to GB completed auctions is much more useful in determining approximate value, as is notating which items have been relisted even though there was a winning bid previously. You and I are probably more on the same page than I thought originally.

That’s said, I do like goats- or atleast eating them. G34s I couldn’t care less about. Im sure they’re fine pistols though

There are actually a fairly good amount of those high dollar sold auctions on GB where the item was not paid for by the buyer or the bidding was done by shills who didn't want their item to sell too cheaply.

GB is legendary for people running bids up to absurd amounts and then not paying for the item as a form of crapping on a seller because of perceived slight , someone not being happy about the asking price, etc .

That Hungarian SVD train wreck is a good example .

I have personally experienced the shill bidding more than once , on items which are probably esoteric and not of much interest to anyone . When I finally bid after it sat for weeks or months and in fact bid in the last minutes of the auction , then magically there are bids raising the price.

Oh and I have sold a few things on GB to have buyers drag their feet , refuse to pay and everything else to the point I will rarely use GB for much of anything .

Latest posts

Top Bottom