Glock 19MHS & 23MHS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/06/27/glock-19-mhs-23-mhs-photos/

As we all know the competition between Glock and SIG for the military contract has created a great deal of coverage in recent months. While it may seem the story is over with the award given to SIG there is another side of this story that has not been addressed. I’ve obtained a good deal of information in the past week which will be published later this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

pistolsGlock entered into the Modular Handgun System (MHS) competition. The pistol are named the 9mm Glock 19 MHS and the .40 S&W Glock 23 MHS.

9mm Glock also produced a Glock23 MHS model in 40 S&W. Unlike other participants in the competition Glock only submitted one pistol rather than a full size and then a compact. The Glock 19 MHS has a Glock 17 frame with lanyard hole on the base of the grip as well as a flared magwell. The slide is from a Glock 19. Of course, the frame was shortened to accommodate the model 19 slide.

The MHS also has a manual thumb safety. The first Glockpistol with manual safety was developed at the request of the Austrian Army in 1982. This iteration of the safety is ambidextrous and marked S and F. As you can see the rest of the pistol is pure classic Glock.

www.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2017_06_Glock_MHS_19_Pistol_9mm_TFB_3_660x371.jpg

www.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2017_06_Glock_Mfbb05600aca1e00fe584043e1e3b2400.jpg

The magazine photos are also in the desert tan type color. They come in standard Glock 17 capacity as well as extended magazines. From what I’ve been able to find out there has been no discussion on these being available to the public as yet. Time will tell. In the past Glock has been happy to produce pistols with manual safeties for large law enforcement and military contracts, but not willing to do so for consumer sales or smaller contracts.

www.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2017_06_Glock_M19b543fd8de094cf694023ba6baf9e73.jpg

The full article I mentioned in the beginning will be posted by Friday at the latest. Enjoy the photos!

ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Glock Protests XM17 MHS SIG Sauer Win

Springfield Armory® to Award $16,000 in Prizes Next Week

GLOCK UNDERBID BY SIG ON MHS: Statement on Glock MHS Protest Decision Released by GAO

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't believe they didn't pick Glock.... seems like they would double as an IED better than the Sig.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
100 Million bucks is alot of cheese to save on handguns. I heard somewhere the Army paid $263 a piece for their M9's. Article says $217 for the Sig. All things being equal the Sig 320 is not a gun I am really comfortable with. Bore axis seems high to me and the gun feels top heavy. I loved the m9's I carried in combat, so much so I have two at home for carry and home defense. My Sig 320c stays in the safe as I find it blocky to carry and simply do not like the feel. The gun does shoot spot on and always goes bang though. Glock is a frequent companion on my side and the wife carries one daily. Carried a Sig 226 for a year in Iraq and found that weapon a pleasure to employ as I simply liked the gun. Regardless of what handgun is issued, it will be mistreated, improperly maintained and abused by some. Used as a status symbol by more than a few and seldom fired in direct combat (M4's rock at that).

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have chosen the glock. I have never cared for sig. not that they are bad or anything I just prefer glock. They are great and they work every time I pull the trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom