What kind of accuracy to expect out of a Glock subcompact?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because it's garbage? Well the Gen5 is ok. There is a huge gap/room for improvement from a stock glock trigger before you even come close to a "race trigger."

Yes, we all know that Glock trigger sucks, and yes the gen5 trigger is a welcomed upgrade. All I was saying is that the Glock pistol is a combat weapon. Plain and simple. People try to make it into something it's not. It's a tool, nothing more.

red442joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, we all know that Glock trigger sucks, and yes the gen5 trigger is a welcomed upgrade. All I was saying is that the Glock pistol is a combat weapon. Plain and simple. People try to make it into something it's not. It's a tool, nothing more.
That said, I recently reworked two G43x's and a G40, all with Glock parts.
Triggers went from 7 1/2 lbs down to 4 1/4 lbs.
The terrible "snap" went away, accuracy, and consistency improved immensely. They are pleasant, and accurate shooters.
However...I DISLIKE shooting a G43x, and every G26 I shot has been a "laser".
The OP's gun needs trigger work, then he'll be fine.

Joe

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Right it's a tool, lots of guns are, I get it. However, that doesn't mean you need to have a mushy trigger to be a tool. :D

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 26 gen 5 is equal to my 19 gen 5 --- equally mediocre but definitely minute of bad guy ---

the problem for me with both is the limited time i have to get to the range every month

I also have the Glock 10mm combo pack (G20 gen 3 SF and a Gen 5 G29) --- last time i shot the G20 , Mr Fictional Bad Guy would've had a 40% chance of escaping an encounter with just an ugly injury --- was shooting shotgun patterns with it. The G29 was not as tight as the 19/26 combo but was acceptable - cant explain it - would have thought the full size would have been easier to shoot

But i also shoot my Officer's 1911's a bit tioghter than my full size too

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried a 27 and a 43. Like them both- caught a 9mm barrel on clearance and changed the 40 cal to 9mm and liked that. the 43 came on a trade and I loved the size, feel and compact size. Took a little bit of shooting to be sure I hit a body at least, with a more consistent group. Then I wound up with a Sig 365. About the same size as the G43 but the capacity is higher- 10+1 and a 17 round back-up mag which is very compact. My G43 was 6+1 and a 10-round extended mag. I need to do a trigger job on it but hit pretty well.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not giving you a hard time- I suspect some training would help. Your grip is a major determinate of how you shoot. That’s why at least one well known red dot trainer says of the red dot zero- if you can shoot it probably doesn’t matter. if you cannot shoot it probably does not matter. A little facetious but applies to iron sights too…..
This. I assume you’re right-handed, tending to shoot left. Grip harder with your left than you think you need to; grip less with your right than you want to.

Lots of guys refer to the grip strength distribution between hands as 70/30 (weak/strong) or even 80/20. I tell myself it’s my left hand’s job to drive the gun and my right hand is only there to supply a trigger finger (like 98/2!). But by the time I speed up and the gun starts rocking, I’m probably really at 70/30 or 60/40.

Last edited:

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello ok shooters. I currently have a Glock 27 I've been tinkering with. I put tritium night sights on it. I think they are called tru-glo TFO's. I put a oc customs adjustable trigger In it. Got the irons boresighted, also have a tlr-6 flashlight laser combo also and shoot magazines that have the pinky extensions.

It took me awhile, but I'm shooting ok with it now... Ok to me 🤣

I'm able to hit within 5-6 inches of a teacup size plate at roughly 10 yards or so..

I think a large part of the original issues I was having was the stock Glock factory trigger. I still pull low and left alot, so I've been practicing proper trigger finger placement, but the thing that got me wasn't the take up and the wall but the way the trigger broke, it was such a distinct snap it required quite a bit of Lbs force. However much it was, I noticed I would sway off target , or rather my gun would sway from me flinching just trigger to get the trigger pulled.

Anyhow, I think a lot of it has to do with the caliber, being .40s&w, then another large part is size as it's almost always been referred to by people that see it as "baby Glock"

Now I'm wondering and thinking about switching to something like the 43 if id get better accuracy and better concealability and comfort, or if I should goto a 19, like everyone else, or a 17, but I handled some of the newer offerings by Glock, the 47,43 & 48 I really liked those ,

particularly the 48. I was thinking about trying out some of the newer ones but wanted you guys thoughts.

Maybe I'll just get a couple of them eventually since I can't make up my mind.

Really hard to figure the perfect balance of concealability and accuracy and compacity that I like. Sure the .40 definitely packs a wall-up, but accuracy wise idk. I feel like I have more trouble shooting it but it might just be that it's a small frame gun. Idk.

I guess I'll find out for myself eventually.
Consider the purpose of a compact. Concealability is the first factor. With the 27 you get the .40 punch. This is a close in defensive weapon. You will likely not confront a target at farther than 7 yards. I recommend Pearce grip extenders for your magazines. Beyond the additional capacity you get a better base for your pinky. Practice at 7 yards with rounds in the 160 grain range. Practice often. The grip extenders will help and your accuracy will improve.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Low left is typically a pre-ignition push/flinch and/or jerking the **** out of the trigger without a grip to counter act it. Dry fires should help some, so would going to a 9mm. .40 is unnecessarily snappy, especially out of a compact gun.

As for stock Glock, including the 43x/26/19 lines, a 2” group at 10 yards or IDPA silhouette @ 100 yards is definitely attainable with moderate practice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom