Glock 19's Gen 4 BTF ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The early Gen 4 was another of Glocks problem children. There are numerous posts and articles on almost every gun related website I've visited.

There were problems when they went to the double recoil springs system that caused FTF and FTE issues. The problems I had were that the end of the slide was hanging up on the end of the RSA. Glock originally stated that the Gen-4 was designed for NATO spec ammo and users needed to use more powerful ammo.

The complaints continued and different RSA assemblies were sent out. (I have four different RSA assemblies that Glock sent to me) Later on they were telling customers to send their Glocks back to the factory and the slides were modified to accommodate the newest RSA redesign.

The brass to face issues a.k.a. BTF was caused by extractor and ejectors that needed a redesign. A call to Glock customer service with your serial number, RSA, extractor and ejector parts numbers can confirm if you have the newest parts or not.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep, do what Fytwuck said in Post #12 and give Glock CS a call with the numbers. Odds are you got one with the correct parts so you'll not have that issue. Enjoy that new Glock!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have had mine for some time now and put all kinds of brass through it including mostly 115 grain ball. No problems. I've shot Tula as well and it eats anything. There was some issue with the brass ejecting back to the shooters on the first run, but my 19 has never has this issue. I know someone that had one of the first G4 19's and it had no problem either.
The Gen 4 19 is solid as a rock. Ugly as hell, but a worker bee and a great shooter.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All good points, thanks. Mainly advice to just shoot. I haven't had any BTFs and it's a good gun; best pistol I own, in fact.
Ugly, yes, but ugly doesn't mean "bad", for sure!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom