glock 23 rtf or xd 9mm sub compact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it is all personal preference on this one. Both are great guns. I like the xd better myself, but you will find plenty of people to argue the opposite. If you truly can't decide between the two. I would just buy the cheaper one.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy the XD unless you've handled/fired a Glock and don't mind the spongey trigger and funny grip angle. Then get the Glock - those suckers go bang every time you pull the trigger with your booger hook - every time!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No iv never fired a glock that's part of the problem but ether one I get is going to get a trigger job and reliability package done
If there's a gun shop in Lawton that rents those guns then do so and fire both. In 9mm recoil won't be a factor but the way the trigger and grip feels to you will be. If you can't rent them or find a bud who'll let you shoot his OKC isn't that far away and H&H rents both. Might be worth your time to travel up here and give 'em a whirl.

Re: trigger job and reliability package.

1) Glock don't need no stinkin' reliability package. :D You won't find a more reliable pistol made right out of the box than a Glock.

2) Glocks use a striker trigger system - not much a trigger job would do for that.

Not sure you'd need either for the XD either.

kriket1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah we don't have anywhere to rent gun's down hear unfortunately and don't no anyone with the glock but I might just do the h&h thing I was up in Tulsa not to long ago and tryed to rent some guns and was told that I had to get a membership that was like 85$ a year just to rent is h&h like that

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really need to fire both guns before deciding.

Never buy a gun before, first, checking to see how it feels in your hand, second, see how it feels when you fire, third, see how accurate you are with it.

Now, if you were just adding a gun to your collection, whatever, buy away. Since this is a tool used to defend your life, you really need to make sure its your "soul mate". Otherwise, you will just end up selling it and buying something else (and repeat) until you find what works best for you.

Personally, I must have a mason's hands, because the brick (glock) feels best in my hand. I actually like the trigger, and as far as reliability, its the one gun I will call a tool. Built to do one job, and very very rarely fails to perform that one job. But to beat a dead horse,... YMMV.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah we don't have anywhere to rent gun's down hear unfortunately and don't no anyone with the glock but I might just do the h&h thing I was up in Tulsa not to long ago and tryed to rent some guns and was told that I had to get a membership that was like 85$ a year just to rent is h&h like that

Nope. H&H you pay for range time, and then rental. No membership required.

Latest posts

Top Bottom