Glock 26 or XDs 9mm for carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to get a new carry pistol in 9mm and am trying to decide between a Glock 26 and XDs-9. I have a XDs-45 now that is my every day carry, but my last couple of range trips have shown me a .45 is a little difficult for me to quickly reaquire my target and follow up. Double taps are not pretty. I have shot a G26 and liked it and will be shooting the xds 9mm this week, but was wondering how much difference there is in IWB carry. I know the Glock is thicker but I don't know if it is much harder to carry since I've only ever carried my XDs. Anybody have experience carrying both? Thanks

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a g26 and xds45. Xds is slimmer, but the g26 is not difficult to carry iwb. I carry my g26 everyday summer and winter with no problems. The xds sits in the safe. Ymmv

skyhigh60699

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no experience with the XDs but I carry a g26 every day. Love it! No problems with thickness and having the ability to carry an extra 17 round mag is a big plus to me.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am open to others but really think a 9mm is what I want right now. Relatively new to shooting and can afford to take more training and practice more with 9mm. When I can find it.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The amount and availability of accessories is a big plus for the G26 too. One thing I would have to get used to is no manual or grip safety.

Latest posts

Top Bottom