Glock 34 spring change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do I need to change the 14lb spring on my 34 that I use to shoot heavy loads, back the factory 17lb to shoot fmj 115's?
Thanks

ninefan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 14lb is a lighter spring - it will do fine with the 115 fmj factory loads.

I would put the factory spring back in it for defense use, but for general range use it will shoot a little better with the lighter spring.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 14lb is a lighter spring - it will do fine with the 115 fmj factory loads.

I would put the factory spring back in it for defense use, but for general range use it will shoot a little better with the lighter spring.

Like I said in another thread about grip changes, I'm a firm believer in practicing the way you carry. In a high stress situation your gun should feel as natural as possible. Getting used to you firearm in a low stress, fun condition & then changing it to something that feels strange for protection purposes just doesn't make sense to me.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
some people shoot guns for reasons other than carry.

True, but the poster I responded to was saying to switch the spring back for defense. That's what spawned my comment. At the very least, if the gun will be used for carry and or home defense, practice with carry/home defense configuration some. Maybe the last 10 to 15 minutes of the range session could be with the defense config.

Latest posts

Top Bottom