Glock 42 and +P ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For you gents ( Or ladies ) ( Or gents that identify as ladies ) that have the G42. Whats the manual say about using +P ammo? Please and Thanx yous

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1627347875460.png

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What specific ammo are you wanting to shoot? My experience is that Glocks are like honey badgers...they just don't care. If it were a factory loading from one of the big ones (Fed, Win, Rem, etc.) Glocks don't wear out in two or three thousand rounds or even eight. They use good spec steels at a proper heat treat. I'd not give it a thought once I vetted the ammo for function in that gun.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sell the block and get a Sig Sauer. During my armorors course, they said that any modern pistol can shoot +p, but since there's not an exact "consensus" on what's +p, they have to caution against it. Not that anyone nowadays can afford it, but I'd avoid shooting cases and cases of +p. When I was younger and new to CCW and self defense, I felt it necessary to have +p+ 9mm. I would practice with normal 9mm, but then send a magazine or two worth of +p+ downrange. Now, I worry more about shooting discipline and skill, than "hot" ammo. I'm curious, what ammo are you inquiring about?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sell the block and get a Sig Sauer. During my armorors course, they said that any modern pistol can shoot +p, but since there's not an exact "consensus" on what's +p, they have to caution against it. Not that anyone nowadays can afford it, but I'd avoid shooting cases and cases of +p. When I was younger and new to CCW and self defense, I felt it necessary to have +p+ 9mm. I would practice with normal 9mm, but then send a magazine or two worth of +p+ downrange. Now, I worry more about shooting discipline and skill, than "hot" ammo. I'm curious, what ammo are you inquiring about?
I wont own a sig ever again, so Im staying with the "Block". Buffalo Bore 90gr +P

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Angus Hobdell says they are ALL rated for +p ammo... for a little while. :rollingla
Who's that? And having said that I used to have a G42. Only reason I don't still is someone offered me stupid money for it. I shot some +P through it and never had a problem. I think the only reason a factory will advise against a steady diet of more powerful ammo is ..lawyers. FWIW I had an older G17 and I shot a few codes of UZI black tip ammo through it. Didn't hurt it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom