Glock 43 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got one. It's as accurate as any other Glock. For the size, it's a little big given the capacity. A Kahr PM9 is smaller. A Sig P365 is essentially the same size with 10+1 (or 12+1 with the extended mag).

Of the 3, I carried the Kahr mostly - until I got the Sig.
I've carried all three ,the sig is the only one that broke with less than a 100 rnds through it. On the other hand my g43 is rocking strong

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Carry one daily for the last year or more in a Keeper Errand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had mine for a bit over 3 years, as accurate as ay other one (Glock) and never stops. I carry in a TT Gunleather KX Slim IWB or a PJ Holsters IWB kydex clip on. I did put a Taran Tactical Mag Kit on one mag; gives you a new, longer spring and new base for 8+1. But honestly, I'm good with it as it is with 6+1. So the P365 is a 10+1, but it's just too little for my liking. I've not owned one but I've shot them 3 or 4 times now. Doubtful I'll get rid if the G43 for one. Real doubtful.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had mine for a bit over 3 years, as accurate as ay other one (Glock) and never stops. I carry in a TT Gunleather KX Slim IWB or a PJ Holsters IWB kydex clip on. I did put a Taran Tactical Mag Kit on one mag; gives you a new, longer spring and new base for 8+1. But honestly, I'm good with it as it is with 6+1. So the P365 is a 10+1, but it's just too little for my liking. I've not owned one but I've shot them 3 or 4 times now. Doubtful I'll get rid if the G43 for one. Real doubtful.
Thanks for your insight, I have acquired a G43 and wanted to get some info from persons who have had experience with it.
Much appreciated sir.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carried one for just over 2 years. Sold it for the P365. I’m a Sig guy. The P365 on paper was the better weapon. Fit me well too. I loved that trigger on the P365 too.

Lost faith in the P365 with the issues they were having. Mine was an early January 2018 model and had zero issues. Sold it and I’m carrying another Glock 43 Talo model. I’ve had a couple of issues in the beginning with this 43, but that’s been fixed with the replacement of an extractor and RSA. I’m getting real close to 1k down range as of today. I carry it about four days a week with the other three days carrying my P320SC.

I have to remove my weapon two to four times a day, so I bought a thin kydex CYA holster. I’m loving the rig honestly. It’s not a custom 200 dollar leather rig, but it goes on and off quickly and has almost zero print. Locks the 43 down tight with zero movement. Cants forward. I have to use a 1.5” belt or it will move up and down.

I’ve done some changes to mine though. I’ve added a few magazine extensions, Kineti-tech trigger shoe and polished the contact points. Stock trigger pull sucked to all end. I kept the original trigger bar, connector and springs, just polished them up. Still stock 8 pounds or so, but with the flat trigger shoe and polish, it’s a smooth 8 pounds. Taran Tactical Plus one gives me 8 rounds on hand and I carry two 8 round mags in a custom TT leather mag carrier. 24 rounds with almost zero print and minimal weight makes for a better than average day of carry. If 24 rounds isn’t enough to get me to the truck, I guess I’m screwed.

I’ve taken a few precision classes with mine. At 12 yards, I can keep every round in an index card with a slow controlled rate of fire. Furthest I’ve shot was 25 and every round can be kept in an 8x11 sheet of paper. It’d be a tighter group if I spent more time and slowed the hell down some. That said, every round out to 25 yards was a kill shot. With the addition of the flat Kineti-Tech shoe and polish job, my groups have tightened up and I enjoy shooting it more. 200 round range sessions are the norm now. Previously with my stock Talo I carried before the P365, I hated the trigger. I’d fire 50 or so rounds if that monthly to stay fresh. It was uncomfortable to shoot. Not so much anymore. I’m planning on getting a TLR-6 and holster for it soon. I’d like another P365 when Sig gets their crap together, but I’m in no hurry after I’ve slightly modified this one.
E23788E4-78BF-40A3-B9E6-F2EA87E78317.jpeg

DA1D7428-D6A6-46DF-AC06-87EB161F0226.jpeg

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've carried all three ,the sig is the only one that broke with less than a 100 rnds through it. On the other hand my g43 is rocking strong

Mine is just fine. If anecdotes are conclusive, he shouldn’t buy a 43 because its MIM firing pin will break too, or because of the magazine and trigger reset problems. He shouldn’t buy a PM9 because of the break in period or barrel peening.

The Sig is a little too “compact” for me, based on the grip measured from the front strap to the back. I’ve never been a fan of Glock’s trigger. Some folks don’t like the Kahr’s long trigger. Preferences and compromises have to be accounted for. The Sig capacity given its size is a considerable advantage. I still carry the Kahr occasionally, and the wife still likes the 43.

Latest posts

Top Bottom