Glock Conversion Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without handling a Gen 4 frame, I'm going to guess: I suspect the height of the trigger transfer bar in the frame and the drop safety and striker in the slide is different enough to be at risk for unintentional discharge or FA.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
couldnt tell you the exact reason, but I can tell you that you cannot swap a gen3 slide on a g4 frame, and vice versa according to Glock themselves. Parts are not interchangable.

12gabackup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What glock? I have a TGS-22 (Tactical solutions .22lr conversion) that works on a gen 4 frame.

It's just a gen 4 G22. The conversion works fine. I just saw the warning on Advantage Arms web site and wanted to know what the problem was. I emailed them but haven't gotten a reply.

I know that the slide is different because of the recoil spring assembly but I figured the frame was basically the same as the gen 3.

12gabackup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Avantage Arms reply to my email:

The muzzle end of a Gen4 slide is much larger than a standard G17. This creates a problem during recoil. The smaller G17 shape doesn't make enough contact with the Gen4 frame and may damage the frame.

Regards,

Advantage Arms

Latest posts

Top Bottom