Glock Questions/Conversation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErichS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am considering getting a Glock 43x and a Glock 19 or 45 MOS. Looking back at old postings of others selling their 43x, it looks like everyone was saying they had the slide milled for an optic. Is the gen 5 the first generation that comes with the MOS option? Does the MOS option on all models of Gen 5 glocks allow for the same choice of optics?

I am a big sig fan and have the 365xl and x-macro. I don’t really like any other sigs but the 1911 platforms, so I am turning my attention to Glocks. It seems that the 43x is the most customized… is that because it’s the easiest to carry?

If you carry a Glock other than the 43x, what is it?

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
43X isn't generational, it's outside of the loop. Available with or without MOS cut. But I don't think it's the same footprint as the double stacks.
MOS was released near the end of Gen 4 so you will see Gen 4 and Gen 5s with and without MOS cuts

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have several of the mos GLOCK pistols, with various optics mounted on them. Ranging is size from the 43 x up to and including the G-40 mos. Optic choices that we have experience with are trijicon, Burris, holosun, shield, and recently viridian. We have only had the viridian a couple weeks, mounted on aG-34 and 43x. The wife is shooting the snot out of her 34 with the viridian mounted on it, we have only shot the 43x to check zero, and break it in around 300 rounds thru it.

The footprint of the fullsize and compact are not the same, so no interchange between the two. 43x and 48 use something along the Shield footprint and DONT require an adapter plate. Without the adapter plate, you get a co-witness with the factory sights.

Even some current models for full-size pistols don’t require a mounting plate, think Holosun scs etc. We currently run the scs on a G-26 mos and 19 mos.

Gen 4 models started the mos trend with GLOCK. THE VIRIDIANS were the absolute cheapest we have found, both were under 2 hundy and green in color which we both prefer. Smaller dot is better imho. Try them all ifyou can and see what works best for you.

Regards,

Edit: add photo. Left is the 43x with viridian. Center is the 48 with Shield. Rightist he G-26 with Holosun scs. All 3 are factory MOS pistols.

Attachments

• IMG_0559.jpeg
    IMG_0559.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

ErichS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have several of the mos GLOCK pistols, with various optics mounted on them. Ranging is size from the 43 x up to and including the G-40 mos. Optic choices that we have experience with are trijicon, Burris, holosun, shield, and recently viridian. We have only had the viridian a couple weeks, mounted on aG-34 and 43x. The wife is shooting the snot out of her 34 with the viridian mounted on it, we have only shot the 43x to check zero, and break it in around 300 rounds thru it.

The footprint of the fullsize and compact are not the same, so no interchange between the two. 43x and 48 use something along the Shield footprint and DONT require an adapter plate. Without the adapter plate, you get a co-witness with the factory sights.

Even some current models for full-size pistols don’t require a mounting plate, think Holosun scs etc. We currently run the scs on a G-26 mos and 19 mos.

Gen 4 models started the mos trend with GLOCK. THE VIRIDIANS were the absolute cheapest we have found, both were under 2 hundy and green in color which we both prefer. Smaller dot is better imho. Try them all ifyou can and see what works best for you.

Regards,

Edit: add photo. Left is the 43x with viridian. Center is the 48 with Shield. Rightist he G-26 with Holosun scs. All 3 are factory MOS pistols.
Thank you for the detailed response! I appreciate it

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I carry a Glock 48, which is is basically the same as the 43X but with a longer barrel, and I love it.

The G48 is the same size in height and length as the G19 but it is approximately one quarter of an inch thinner than the G19.

Surprisingly that seemingly small difference can make a big difference in concealed carry depending on your setup.

The Slimline Glocks (43X and 48) have factory 10 round magazines but I use the aftermarket 15 round magazines. That gives the Slimlines the same capacity as the G19 .

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am considering getting a Glock 43x and a Glock 19 or 45 MOS. Looking back at old postings of others selling their 43x, it looks like everyone was saying they had the slide milled for an optic. Is the gen 5 the first generation that comes with the MOS option? Does the MOS option on all models of Gen 5 glocks allow for the same choice of optics?

I am a big sig fan and have the 365xl and x-macro. I don’t really like any other sigs but the 1911 platforms, so I am turning my attention to Glocks. It seems that the 43x is the most customized… is that because it’s the easiest to carry?

If you carry a Glock other than the 43x, what is it?
My opinions for what they are worth:

- I like my G43x but so far my old G26 w/ OEM +2 extension carries better for ME AIWB; also I like that I can add an xgrip and use G19 mags if not concealing and also use G19 mag as spare mag when carrying

- I have stuck to the 10rd OEM mags for 43x because I don't want to have to change our the mag release among other reasons. However, PSA might be releasing their own plus capacity mag for G43x that doesn't require this

- I prefer combat iron sights for simplicity for a CCW, but if I was going to do a red dot, I would have my slide milled rather than buy the MOS with the factory mounts

Last edited:

ErichS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My opinions for what they are worth:

- I like my G43x but so far my old G26 w/ OEM +2 extension carries better for ME AIWB; also I like that I can add an xgrip and use G19mags if not concealing and also use G19 mag as spare mag when carrying

- I have stuck to the 10rd OEM mags for 43x because I don't want to have to change our the mage release among other reasons. However, PSA might be releasing their own plus capacity mag for G43x that doesn't require this

- I prefer combat iron sights for simplicity for a CCW, but if I was going to do a red dot, I would have my slide milled rather than buy the MOS with the factory mounts
What is the benefit to having the slide milled compared to the MOS?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the benefit to having the slide milled compared to the MOS?
I don't have any myself, but it is my understanding the sight will sit lower and is milled for the exact sight you plan to use it for. Might work better for co-witness as well. Also, some people have reported issues with the OEM mounting plates, rust, etc. Do your own research.

If I was new to Glocks, and especially if I only wanted to buy a single gun, I would be considering a gen-5 G26. You can do anything with it and it takes most of the other other double stack glock mags. It shoots like a larger gun as well compared to the slimline. Although, I do think it should run an extension to make it a fair comparison. Between the G43x and a G26 without the OEM +2 mag, I still prefer the G43x. Do your own research.

ErichS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any myself, but it is my understanding the sight will sit lower and is milled for the exact sight you plan to use it for. Might work better for co-witness as well. Also, some people have reported issues with the OEM mounting plates, rust, etc. Do your own research.

If I was new to Glocks, and especially if I only wanted to buy a single gun, I would be considering a gen-5 G26. You can do anything with it and it takes most of the other other double stack glock mags. It shoots like a larger gun as well compared to the slimline. Although, I do think it should run an extension to make it a fair comparison. Between the G43x and a G26 without the OEM +2 mag, I still prefer the G43x. Do your own research.
Any opinions on the 19 GEN 5 or 45 GEN 5?