Glock Sight install/removal question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have night sights on my 19 and want to put them on my 23. is this something I can do or does it require a pro (armorer). thanks

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the front sight stake on or screw on? If it is a screw on and red loctite was not used it should not be a problem. It it is a stake on, I would buy a screw on front sight and leave the old one on the 19. The rear sight is not a problem. Just got done installing a new set of night sights on my 27 and 33 and it was not any problem.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 to the above comments. Brass punch and a hammer are all the tools you need. (remember - out and in all from the right side of the slide.) A vice helps too. I'd suggest covering the punch or the sight with some masking tape if you care about appearances. ;)

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 to the above comments. Brass punch and a hammer are all the tools you need. (remember - out and in all from the right side of the slide.) A vice helps too. I'd suggest covering the punch or the sight with some masking tape if you care about appearances. ;)

I measured both sides of the dovetail and came out identical. Why do you prefer the right side?
Right side as you see it when you shoot, right?
I seem to remember that the Beretta is from the Left.
Is there a general rule or every gun-maker has their own rule?
How tight do you make the front sight?
Thanks.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter which side you install or remove Glock sights. I would however recommend a sight pusher rather than a punch and hammer.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter which side you install or remove Glock sights. I would however recommend a sight pusher rather than a punch and hammer.

Thanks, I've done a couple and would like to learn more details.
My biggest problem is with front dovetail sights. The ends are tapered and hardly leave any metal for pushing.
On the front Glock sight, I finger tighten as hard as I can and then I use a screwdriver handle to give it another 45degrees. I don't know how close to being right it is, so far it has worked well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom