Glock trigger work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now the real question is: will it pass the drop test and are all the safeties still in tact?

I've never got too caught up in the legalities of an aftermarket trigger but if it loses reliability or safety I'm out on it. It's shocking how many aftermarket Glock triggers won't pass the drop test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now the real question is: will it pass the drop test and are all the safeties still in tact?

I've never got too caught up in the legalities of an aftermarket trigger but if it loses reliability or safety I'm out on it. It's shocking how many aftermarket Glock triggers won't pass the drop test.

Our SDA instructor spent probably 30 minutes preaching about the risks of carrying ANYTHING but a pure-dead-stock manufactured weapon, even to the extent of installing sights. Seems his position is based on defendants attorneys making a case of "premeditation" in the use of a defensive weapon when it is modified to enhance it's "offensive" capabilities. He even cited cases where the SDA carrying defensive person was successful charged with intentional manslaughter because of the modifications made to "make the weapon more lethal".

Now, to my old simple mind, that all seems like absolute ********, and seemed a lot like maybe it was a "don't mess with your gun" lesson from the instructor trying to prevent newbies from doing really stupid ****...but, just sayin'.....all of the things we do must be rationally and carefully thought out....

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I agree with that to a certain point. If your not going to take it out and practice with it and prove it then dont do it. If it doesnt improve the gun for you then dont do it. My thinking as of late is along the lines of, if I ever do -God forbid- have to use my handgun to protect myself or family, then I want to be able to damn sure hit what Im shooting at and at least be around to be charged with whatever comes my way.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our SDA instructor spent probably 30 minutes preaching about the risks of carrying ANYTHING but a pure-dead-stock manufactured weapon, even to the extent of installing sights. Seems his position is based on defendants attorneys making a case of "premeditation" in the use of a defensive weapon when it is modified to enhance it's "offensive" capabilities. He even cited cases where the SDA carrying defensive person was successful charged with intentional manslaughter because of the modifications made to "make the weapon more lethal".

Now, to my old simple mind, that all seems like absolute ********, and seemed a lot like maybe it was a "don't mess with your gun" lesson from the instructor trying to prevent newbies from doing really stupid ****...but, just sayin'.....all of the things we do must be rationally and carefully thought out....
Who was your instructor because he lied. He shouldn't be teaching if he's spewing that. We can state our opinions but there has never been a case where someone was charged with manslaughter because of their modifications when they meant to pull the trigger.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who was your instructor because he lied. He shouldn't be teaching if he's spewing that. We can state our opinions but there has never been a case where someone was charged with manslaughter because of their modifications when they meant to pull the trigger.

Kinda confirms my theory of self-effacing instructor doling out superbullshit in the hopes of making superimpressions. Thanks.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yep. Having a piece of paper that says you are an "Instructor" does not an expert or a lawyer make. He speaketh boolsheet.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Being "successfully charged" doesn't mean successfully convicted. In my opinion, a good shoot is a good shoot. Everyone has an opinion. Some are worth consideration. Some aren't worth much at all.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He even cited cases where the SDA carrying defensive person was successful charged with intentional manslaughter because of the modifications made to "make the weapon more lethal".

I would want to see the exact case before I'd buy that. Slapping sights on a gun does not make it more lethal. All weapons are only as effective as the operator. If you buy the argument that modifications make the weapon easier to use or more effective, then I suggest that you better stop going to the range or local matches where you actually practice using your weapon.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would want to see the exact case before I'd buy that. Slapping sights on a gun does not make it more lethal. All weapons are only as effective as the operator. If you buy the argument that modifications make the weapon easier to use or more effective, then I suggest that you better stop going to the range or local matches where you actually practice using your weapon.
WHOA, there. I was paraphrasing someone else, sure as hell that ain't how I feel about it, and I do spend time at the range, and practice all the things I know to do to make me more proficient with the tool I'm using.

And this is way off topic - sorry for the Hijack, OP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom