Glock's answer to the LCP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
But how many departments issue their officers' back up or off duty carry guns? So you're still basically looking at a civilian market, it may be LEO's buying their off duty guns, but they're doing it on their own.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many of them carry their duty (fullsize) gun off-duty.
And many others are perfectly satisfied with the sub-compacts because they are small and the mags interchange.

If law enforcement and military were demanding ultra-thin super-compacts, we would have them.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock and Smith & Wesson are both catering to the big money....law enforcement and military (worldwide).
They could not care less about the civilian market.

If this were true, there'd be no .500 S&W, or a revolver line in general. Or the 22As. Or anything not a mil-contract Sigma or the M&Ps.

S&W is the distributor of the Walther PPS. If I were guessing, they just don't see the need to reinvent a wheel they already sell.

Glock, on the other hand, knows where their bread is buttered. Probably keeps their assembly process a lot slimmer to have a relatively small number of extremely interchangeable parts, which a slimmie probably wouldn't share.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they have it already, the G25 a .380 just not allowed to be sold in US by our Gubberment.

This. Anything the size of the LCP has to be made domestically or it will not pass the importation "sporting purpose" requirements. All the modern pocket pistols we commonly use today are manufactured here: Kahr, Kel-tec, Ruger, Micro Eagle, Seecamp, NAA Guardian

This is of course why Walther created the PPK/S to import to the U.S.

I know that Glocks have frames made in Georgia, but I don't believe it considers them a domestic firearm since all other components are imported from Austria. I guess they surmise anyonne want a small carry Glock will deal with the 26/27/30/33/36/39 pistols before they are forced to manufacture a complete pistol here.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Glock 28 (the smallest Glock .380) is the same size as the 26 and 27s, so you're really not missing anything there. They're slightly lighter as they're less complex...they're straight blowback. Eugh.

The Walther PPS seems to be German built in its entirety, so they're rustling up import points somewhere...(unless it has an American-made frame or something.)

jroberts1968

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There not going to. Unlike a lot of Manufacturers Glock tend to stay with what keeps the food on the table. Double Stack Safe Action. They understand you can not be everything to everyone but you can be the best at what you know. Every time one of the manufacturers bring out a new a design in the auto game they have issues issues recalls and more issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom