Going back to my younger years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The first gun i ever bought with my hard earned lawn mowing money was an H&R model 922. Dad took me to a local pawn shop that was and H&R dealer. The swing out cylinder was an extra 15 bucks but the satin nickel was only $5 more.
I got the satin finish with the cylinder removable cylinder pin. From the first few outings,i wished i had saved up and got the swing out.

Well,for years i have been looking to replace that neat little gun. Most that i find are worn out and they still want 175-200 for them.

Found this little jewel at the OKCGC swap meet last weekend for a really fair price. I plan on reliving the days dad used to take us out to and old railroad bridge to shoot.....

[Broken External Image]

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, there's nothing quite like keeping (or getting) the gun from your childhood days.

Christmas of 2008, my dad presented me with the first gun I ever fired - his old Smith & Wesson "Victory" model M&P .38 Special revolver, commonly known as the pre model 10.

I still have fond memories of that little wheelie, which has caused the love and admiration for them as I've grown into adulthood. I carry a hunk of plastic on my hip to fend off the wolves, but a Smith &Wesson revolver is still close by wherever I am. ;)

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You did good, and its great to relive those days!! I always have fond memories when I take to the range with my Remington 581LH. It was the rifle my dad bought me in 1968, an is still with me after all these years.
The 581 started in 1967 and ran to 1983 with only 54,000 made for three different models. The left handed model being the least made. So besides being my first gun, its somewhat collectable. It will go to my son one day, as he is left handed too.
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN0458.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN0459.jpg

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ldp4570 - I have my .32 squirrel rifle but this is the rimfire forum. I would just like to find a Crack Shot, since that was my original .22. I know, you think they were still throwing rocks, when I started hunting.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ldp4570 - I have my .32 squirrel rifle but this is the rimfire forum. I would just like to find a Crack Shot, since that was my original .22. I know, you think they were still throwing rocks, when I started hunting.

There's only 14yrs between us, you ain't that old!!!! I've seen several of the Crack Shot's(Not the new one's), pricey little things now.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, that thing is in good shape. Good find.

What ever happened to your original revolver?

i think i sold it with the intentions of getting a model 13. dad was a kitchen table ffl guy back in the day. i could get a heavy barrel 13 for $158. girls,motorcycles and cars got in the way i think.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You did good, and its great to relive those days!! I always have fond memories when I take to the range with my Remington 581LH. It was the rifle my dad bought me in 1968, an is still with me after all these years.
The 581 started in 1967 and ran to 1983 with only 54,000 made for three different models. The left handed model being the least made. So besides being my first gun, its somewhat collectable. It will go to my son one day, as he is left handed too.
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN0458.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN0459.jpg

nice little gun leighton. dad bought steve and i single shots and the rest was up to us. i sold that to move up to a marlin model 60. wish dad would have stepped in and encouraged me to keep the single and save for the 60. live and learn....

Latest posts

Top Bottom