Going back to my younger years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I plan on reliving the days dad used to take us out to and old railroad bridge to shoot.....

Be really carefull going to shoot on a railroad bridge these days.
I've spent most of my childhood shooting from a railroad bridge, without any problems, but a year ago, I had some tribal police tell me that I couldn't do it any more. I didn't ask why, just left as they were a little aggressive.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be really carefull going to shoot on a railroad bridge these days.
I've spent most of my childhood shooting from a railroad bridge, without any problems, but a year ago, I had some tribal police tell me that I couldn't do it any more. I didn't ask why, just left as they were a little aggressive.

Ahh... they're just tribal police! :)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
took it to the range. accuracy was not bad at all 3-4 inch groups at 10 yards. even a little better shooting DA although i forgot how gritty the trigger was. enjoyed every minute of it.

orangevale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exploring the older posts today, this thread inspired me to take the 922 I inherited from my dad out of the safe and give a good oiling. She’s an old one; bird’s head grip frame with the flat main spring, cylinder cutouts only have one straight edge for the cylinder stop to bump against, half moon brass front sight. Family lore is that it saw duty on the trap line that supplemented the family income during Granddad’s failed attempt at farming in Montana in the late 30’s. In order to be able to use it I had to take the custom manzanita grip Granddad carved for my father (my hands are much larger) and replace it with a saw handle grip I got form Numrich. I think I’ll make this a Father’s Day event from now on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom