Going to DC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Code:

The conference starts on Monday, but I'm flying out on Sunday morning and planned to visit Arlington Sunday afternoon. White House, Capitol, Vietnam Memorial, the Mall and National Archives are all on my list.

You have all the best on your list except the Smithsonian. That alone could take several days to explore.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find the big red double decker busses.....buy a one or two day pass. They have LOTS of busses that stop right at every place you'd wanna go..they just relay over and over in a huge loop...spy museum, ford theatre, smithsonians, all museums, holocaust museum, white house, national archives..(WHICH WAS SOOO COOL TO SEE THE CONSTITUTION, ETC) all over..............the price For the passes was pretty good last time i was there. THe good thing is, you get on one bus, get off the bus where you wanna visit, then just grab the next red bus that stops whenever you're ready to leave...then get off the buss at the next stop that you choose. Lets you choose where you wanna visit and how long YOU want to stay, etc....pretty cool. We never had to wait more than 15 minutes for the next bus.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went to the Smithsonian for 3 hours, and we only saw a tiny part of it. You could easily spend several days in there! We were on the space side. Got to see the USS Enterprise, that was pretty cool!

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The conference I'm attending is aviation related so the Smithsonian is part of the program, but come to think of it we're just going to be going to the portion that is located at Dulles Airport. I'll have to make a trip to the main portion as well. Conference ends on Friday, but I am not flying home until Sunday so I have all day Sat to do what I want.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can afford it, have the time and the weather is good, rent a car and drive up to Gettysburg. The horror is stunning. I cannot imagine Pickets Charge up hill into the double grape canister loaded cannons...

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of the Smithsonian museums. I could spend a month in the museum of Natural History.

That was a good one to see. I've been to DC twice and unless you got a few days you will have to pick a few things and just see those. The main thing I wanted to see was the changing of the guard and my dad's name on the wall. Get a tour bus, they come and go at regular intervals otherwise wear your walking shoes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom