Gold Rush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know it's a scripted reality show? They'll find Gold when the Producer wants them to find gold. Can barely stand to watch it now that I know the entire thing is contrived by the Producers of the show.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's the same crap every week. Starts out with everything seemingly going fine (ie first 30 seconds of episode), then something breaks, spend the next 28 minutes fixing said problem du jour, last 30 seconds someone remarks "finally, we're going to see some gold!". Then next week, something breaks again 30 seconds into episode. Where the heck do you keep getting all of this money to fix all of these problems, when you haven't found any gold, and yet your family is back home still trying to make mortgage payments, put food on the table, etc.

As for the so-called Dakota boys. Why wouldn't you start moving those stones out of the way BEFORE they piled up to your wash basin?

Only reason I usually even have it on is because I watch Flying Wild Alaska afterward.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
*Cue up positive sounding orchestra music* They finally hit pay dirt and will all be millionaires in the NEXT episode. Unfortunately KenL won't be tuning in. I'm burned out on it.

A

ArmedCivy

Good lord, i was really excited to watch this show the first season, then i found out it was scripted and i was very disappointed! I still watch it while i go to sleep, but its getting boring.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good lord, i was really excited to watch this show the first season, then i found out it was scripted and i was very disappointed! I still watch it while i go to sleep, but its getting boring.

If you've ever done any real gold mining that's how it is. I appreciate the producers of this show trying to interject some emotion into an otherwise boring endeavor. I like the show and will keep watching it. Hopefully there will be a third season. It would be nice though if they could get a different narrator though.

A

ArmedCivy

If you've ever done any real gold mining that's how it is. I appreciate the producers of this show trying to interject some emotion into an otherwise boring endeavor. I like the show and will keep watching it. Hopefully there will be a third season. It would be nice though if they could get a different narrator though.

No i've never mined before. I guess i just expect them to be rollin in it since they're on tv. The show just leaves me unsatisfied. I fail in my own personal life enough. I want to see these guys win big. Its a vicarious thing. So you don't care that it's scripted?

Latest posts

Top Bottom