Good deals on Hunting boots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of lace-up hunting boots and have typically bought slip-on water-boot types with as much Thinsulate as I can afford in them, but I'm looking at picking up a new pair this year if my budget can handle it.

I'm hard on my hunting boots and have torn up good ones climbing in trees, soaking them in swampy areas, climbing barbed-wire fences and what not, so I typically buy cheaper ones and let them die every 3 years or so - I'm comfortable with that because the nicer boots I've had aren't as comfortable after 3-4 years anyways and didn't really out-last the cheaper ones by enough to justify the money (I know there are Wolverine, Danner, and Rocky fans on here, but I'm not looking to spend that kind of money right now having seen that money not last like folks claimed in the past under serious use/abuse).

I've picked up cheaper boots on clearance online or in-stores at various places, and was just wondering if anyone has seen some decent boots on sale or clearance at any of the local spots in the Tulsa area.

I'm on the lookout and will post up anything I find, but I'd love to get a heads up before I have to go out for Deer rifle this year - I snagged my boots on some barbed wire and tore them open pretty badly this year, so aside from me gluing them to seal up the tops, I'll have to dawn my hiking boots instead and they're not nearly as insulated as my hunting setup was.

Jeff3C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out Sportsmanguide. The Danners and Wolverines might be more affordable than you think as long as you don't buy the newest model from a retail store.

I had a pair of Redhead boots from Basspro that I bought on clearance for $29.00. They were the most comfortable boots I've ever owned but they only last about 2 years and the soles busted on them.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Danners and Wolverines might be more affordable than you think as long as you don't buy the newest model from a retail store.

You know - I was thinking about that after I posted, clearance prices on higher end boots aren't a bad thing provided I can get them on the cheap as well.

$29 for comfy boots that last two years isn't a bad thing though.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
keep an eye on basspro, I picked up a pair of redhead 600 gram thinsulate boots last year for $69.

They have a few things on clearance right now but not as good as the deal I got last year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom