Permanent elevated blind/shooting house recommendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a less expensive elevated blind. I wanted one in View attachment 409255another area but did not want to shell out another $3k for another Muddy blind. The tower was about $300. I floored it with 3/4” thick rubber stall mats cut to fit. I already had the ground blind. Put the tower together last December. Took about 3-4 weeks for the critters to get used to it and ignore it. Put the ground blind on it today so they can now get used to that before season opens.

I did something similar a few years ago. I still have both the platform and blind. The blind has seen it's better days though.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did something similar a few years ago. I still have both the platform and blind. The blind has seen it's better days though.
Yes. Mine has been used on the ground a few times. Figured it will have to be replaced at some point. I was looking at them Atwood’s yesterday. Under $200 for a nice replacement maybe next year. Being up on the stand for an extended time will probably shorten it’s lifespan

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No way to predict if, when, how this will happen,,,
But another friend of mine built a nice tree house/hunting blind.

He went to sweep the spider webs out before hunting season,,,
And found that some homeless dude had set up housekeeping in it.

There is an old pessimist credo that states,,,
"There's a downside to anything and everything."

Aarond

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No way to predict if, when, how this will happen,,,
But another friend of mine built a nice tree house/hunting blind.

He went to sweep the spider webs out before hunting season,,,
And found that some homeless dude had set up housekeeping in it.

There is an old pessimist credo that states,,,
"There's a downside to anything and everything."

Aarond

One of our RV friends lives 2 miles from the Southern border in Mercedes Tx. He has a lease not far from the King Ranch which is over a million acres. He has been scouting his lease recently seeing footprints everywhere and evidence of human habitation in his blind over the summer. Like feces habitation. He is pissed.
Since he used to be a welder on the hulls of nuclear submarine construction, he is building an entry restricted blind to hunt from in the future. I'm betting it's going to be very secure.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of our RV friends lives 2 miles from the Southern border in Mercedes Tx. He has a lease not far from the King Ranch which is over a million acres. He has been scouting his lease recently seeing footprints everywhere and evidence of human habitation in his blind over the summer. Like feces habitation. He is pissed.
Since he used to be a welder on the hulls of nuclear submarine construction, he is building an entry restricted blind to hunt from in the future. I'm betting it's going to be very secure.
only thing that ever lived in mine was Coons.. thats crazy.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 8'x8' platform that is elevated 5', all made with treated lumber. Grab a nice heavy duty 3 season blind, we use a barronett blinds. I set mine up a month before youth season and take the extra time to guideline it out a good 12' on each hub. Then get 4- 1"x6"x8' and screw down the skirting of the blind to the platform. This will be my 3rd year with this set up and it seems to be holding up well.
I only leave the blind up around deer season and take it down afterwards. The platform stays put year round and can be used as an elevated shooting position for coyote and buzzards.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 20 something year old elevated blind is done. I’ve patched it up and kept it going for all that time.
IMG_2660.jpeg

What could have been a lightning strike blew out one corner since last season. During the summer it became the habitat of a hoot owl. The inside is covered in bird poop and parts of dead animals, along with mud robbers and spiders covering everything.

IMG_2029.jpeg

Honestly don’t believe it’s safe for human habitation.
Here is its replacement.

IMG_2114.png

Haven’t got it put up yet,

Latest posts

Top Bottom