Good deals on S&W Model 64 .38 Revolvers 4" stainless for $229-$269 (Pics of Mine)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those who have revolver fever due to the deal on Gp100's right now a few threads away but for those whom prefer Smith & Wesson Revolvers check out the company below. ($229-269)..
Link below to all the S&W revolver guns on their website.

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/smith-wesson/revolver/cPath/16_211_431
Jgsales has trade in Square and Round Butt S&W model 64's .38+P rated DAO bobbed hammer in Very Good condition for $229 up to $269. Some of them are NYPD trade in guns marked Nypd for collectors of the PD stuff. The HAmmer can be converted back to traditional sa/da types if desired with a new hammer.

A good simple home defense gun I think for people who dont handle guns alot,example people like my wife who makes me nervous when she insists on cocking the hammer, everytime she handles a gun with a hammer, and wants to lower the hammer like they do it in the movies***
The gun has I bet less than a few box of shells as the top strap has virtually no flame cutting let alone any power residue.

Ideally I thought I would prefer paying extra for standard hammer revolvers years ago when I got my First DAO revolver in 1996 but after owning a few DAO revolvers and pistols and NON DAO models I never use the single action feature. I never do when at the range and do not train to fire single action for self defense purposes. Its no biggy when factoring the price is about $150-$250 cheaper than the standard hammer version depending where you look.

Here is mine I got in Very good condition for $229, I added the like new grip I had laying around my safe.

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_Nframegrips008.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_Nframegrips010.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_Nframegrips011.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_Nframegrips012.jpg

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drat! No S&W 625's offered... those are rarer than hen's teeth, so it would seem.

Thanks for bringing up this deal, though! :thumb:

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so what's the most desirable model offered?

I would think out of all the offerings in the $ 250 range, the square butt from a collector standpoint since they stop making them in the early 90's, many people with smaller hands like the round butt feel (who doesnt like a round butt,LOL) . Bonus is the Sq. bottom guns are marked lower in price on their site.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
goodoleboy, is that a picture of one of these guns? Or a personal gun from somewhere else?

BTW, looks like a great deal.

It one of the guns I got for $229 from that JGsales link posted, came in last week, forgot to say the cylinder locks up real tight also little to no play...Guess i should have added that, LOL...Grips are ones I put on it after i got it, the ones that came with have more wear but servicable..

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how much was the shipping?

Per the website:

ATTENTION: Firearms ONLY ship to an FFL holder. If you do not have an FFL (Federal Firearms License) then you must find one in your area to do the transfer for you, and you must enter their address as the shipping address on your order. Due to FedEx and UPS requirements, handguns ship separately from ammunition via 2day delivery for an additional freight charge of about $22.00 for one gun, $34.00 for two, $45.00 for three, $55.00 for four, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom