Good hard sided case for flying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to give an update and a bit of a review following the post I had a little while back about a good hard sided case to fly with.

After spending countless hours scouring the internet looking for something that would fit at least 2 handguns and magazines (I know in the original post I said up to 4 but I tried to be more reasonable) I found the Pelican Case IM2100, it is a storm proof case that is waterproof, and crush proof. I was quite surprised at the dimensions of it and figured out that I would be able to fit 3 handguns and their magazines inside the case with a little room to spare for future expansion.

Here are some specs
Exterior-14.2 x 11.4 x 6.5" (36.07 x 28.96 x 16.51cm) (LxWxH)
Interior-13 x 9.2 x 6.0" (33.02 x 22.86 x 15.24cm) (LxWxH)
Exterior: HPX high performance resin
Interior: Multilayer cubed foam bottom
Interior: Convoluted foam pad in the lid.
Weight-6.0 lbs
Price-$68.95
Link-http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/568923-REG/Hardigg_Storm_Case_IM2100_30001_iM2100_Storm_Case_with.html

So when the case showed up in the mail I was ready to put the guns and magazines into it (except I still had to make a trip to the city to pick up 2 of them). Once I had picked up the guns my wife and I started in on getting the cubed foam pulled out in the proper shapes of the handguns and their magazines, overall it took about 1.5 hours but was fairly easy. I have to admit I was quite happy to be able to fit 3 handguns and 6 magazines (not including the mags in the guns).

The overall quality of the case is what you would expect from pelican, and the o-ring seal around the lid looks to be very watertight. I expect that this case will hold up to whatever torture TSA and the baggage handlers will put it through.

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_case3.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_case.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_case4.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_case2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom