Good range day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the range (Tri-City) yesterday morning and started sending lead downrange at about 7:00 a.m. and I was still the only one there when I left at around 8:30.

I reload but I ran 100 rounds of Federal Champion 230 gr. FMJ 45 ACP ball (that I purchased here for a good price) through my box stock stainless Remington R-1 that needed the cobwebs blown out of the barrel.

Probably not much of a feat for most folks here but after painting the 12" 25 yard gong black and holding just a freckle high and tad right I was hitting the gong with every round......I love to hear the clang and see the silver splat appear. :)

R1.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the range (Tri-City) yesterday morning and started sending lead downrange at about 7:00 a.m. and I was still the only one there when I left at around 8:30.

I reload but I ran 100 rounds of Federal Champion 230 gr. FMJ 45 ACP ball (that I purchased here for a good price) through my box stock stainless Remington R-1 that needed the cobwebs blown out of the barrel.

Probably not much of a feat for most folks here but after painting the 12" 25 yard gong black and holding just a freckle high and tad right I was hitting the gong with every round......I love to hear the clang and see the silver splat appear. :)

View attachment 136377

I love banging the steel and seeing a reaction. Not much on paper shooting unless it's to sight in for zero.

Latest posts

Top Bottom