Good Trade on kimber 1911?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shepherm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a guy that wants to trade me a Kimber 1911 anniversity limited edition which is like 79 out of 1911 they made in 2004 for my remington 700 22-250. Here are pictures of both. The guy said its been shot about 75 times and he has the box, paper work, and one mag to go with it. Mine is a new never fired Rem 700 that has been trued and a new varmint take off barrel put on and a choate stock. I really don't know if this is a good deal or not. Can anyone help?

ai720.photobucket.com_albums_ww210_shepherm_Kimber19112.jpg

ai720.photobucket.com_albums_ww210_shepherm_Kimber1911.jpg

ai720.photobucket.com_albums_ww210_shepherm_SANY0490.jpg

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks to me like a fairly even swap. Lile SDSCONCRETE said, which will you use the most? Another question--which do you want the most? Again, probably a fairly even swap. CB

shepherm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know which one I would use the most or even at all. I know that I haven't shot the 22-250 since it has been finished about a year ago and I only have one pistol in the safe with a few rifles. But I used my old 22-250 alot shooting P-Dogs. I guess Ill sleep on it another night.
Thanks guys for your help

What do you think his pistol is worth? On kimber site it said MSR $923 I guess that was in 2004 when it came out.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Looks like a basic Kimber with a little extra roll mark action.
You can get brand new Custom IIs for around $700 or so.
Since the gun has been fired any collecters premium is gone and it is just a very slightly fancier USED Kimber Custom II.
Not that it isn't a fine pistol, I like my Custom II and have carried it, used it in the dozen or so IDPA matches I've shot and ran well over 3500 rounds through it with no problems.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a basic Kimber with a little extra roll mark action.
You can get brand new Custom IIs for around $700 or so.
Since the gun has been fired any collecters premium is gone and it is just a very slightly fancier USED Kimber Custom II.
Not that it isn't a fine pistol, I like my Custom II and have carried it, used it in the dozen or so IDPA matches I've shot and ran well over 3500 rounds through it with no problems.

+1 to this. If its a fancier Custom II, then add another $50 to the value of a $600-$650 gun and its only worth about $650-$700. As a note, its got the internal extractor, which is nice (many of the older Custom II's had external extractors and they are known for having issues).

A Remington 700 is worth about $400-$450 in used condition (depending on base model - and 22-250 isn't the most popular caliber in a 700) plus the cost of a factory varmint barrel (if the barrel has a target crown on it and has had the chamber checked/re-cut if necessary, it would be worth a bit more, but if not, maybe add $50).

Who trued your action? That's probably worth another $100 depending on the smith who did it.

I'm not a fan of those Choate Stocks, but it probably adds about $50-$75 to the value.

I'd take that deal and I sold my last 1911 and own two Remington 700s :)