Google's Easter homepage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I realize that this is the holiest day in the calander. I was born into that tradition and I mean no disrespect.
I'll go back to coloring too.

None taken. Like I said, I'm not all goofy crazy over it, I just think it's interesting that they'd take that stance.

Perhaps if I get motivated I'll use my crayons to write them a letter asking if they have any reason they'd care to share the reason for their policy against Easter.

Last edited:

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.
ROFL. Nice joke. Love it.

Not in the sense of worshiping them or praying to them or recognizing them such as Catholics do. A saint is basically just another Christian to a Methodist.

Hey, I remembered something from church as a kid. Weird.
Not to derail, but we dont worship saints. We venerate them. There is a HUGE difference. We also do not pray to saints, rather we ask them to pray with/for us. Its amazing how misguided some people are about the Catholic church.

None taken. Like I said, I'm not all goofy crazy over it, I just think it's interesting that they'd take that stance.

Perhaps if I get motivated I'll use my crayons to write them a letter asking if they have any reason they'd care to share the reason for their policy against Easter.

HMFIC,... while I may not agree with you on this particular subject... the subject matter in which you are defining your stance makes me respect you that much more. Peace be with you, brother and a happy Easter.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
R
Not to derail, but we dont worship saints. We venerate them. There is a HUGE difference. We also do not pray to saints, rather we ask them to pray with/for us. Its amazing how misguided some people are about the Catholic church.

Dude, I just pulled that out of my hind end and won't even pretend to know anything about Catholics. Much too complicated for me to figure out. I haven't sat foot in a church in years and pretty much just daydreamed when I did.

It shouldn't surprise you, all churches and denominations perpetuate things that aren't true about the others, or exaggerate. Name 'o the game, McWhitey. :burnout:

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, I just pulled that out of my hind end and won't even pretend to know anything about Catholics. Much too complicated for me to figure out. I haven't sat foot in a church in years and pretty much just daydreamed when I did.

It shouldn't surprise you, all churches and denominations perpetuate things that aren't true about the others, or exaggerate. Name 'o the game, McWhitey. :burnout:

No suprise. And really wasnt directed at the messanger so much the flock that might buy your wares without thinking for a sec. No harm, no foul.

A Westleyan? I had pictured you as an escapee from a cistertian monestary.

Im with you, buddy. I figured much more. ;)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Westleyan? I had pictured you as an escapee from a cistertian monestary.

I come from followers of Wesley, even have family in the ministry. Buncha pinko hippies the whole lot of 'em.

Al I know about the Methodists is unlike the Baptists, Methodists recognize each other at the liquor store, and we hated the Baptists for getting out early and crowding all the restaurants.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HMFIC,... while I may not agree with you on this particular subject... the subject matter in which you are defining your stance makes me respect you that much more. Peace be with you, brother and a happy Easter.

Right back atcha...

It's been a good one despite the rainy weather.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No suprise.

Im with you, buddy. I figured much more. ;)

Inorite? LAWLERS.

Don't worry, any wares I'm selling come strictly from my own demented mind and I take full responsibility for them. You should really worry about folks that would buy my wares, they are the ones who need to be taught about people like me.

What did you figure Whitey? Tell the class!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inorite? LAWLERS.

Don't worry, any wares I'm selling come strictly from my own demented mind and I take full responsibility for them. You should really worry about folks that would by my wares, they are the ones who need to be taught about people like me.

What did you figure Whitey? Tell the class!

For a new age samurai,... I would have figured some shaolin monk... or a Taoist...

Latest posts

Top Bottom