Gore City Treasurer Won't Go To Jail For Embezzling $60,000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brandi Ball, NewsOn6.com

GORE, Oklahoma -

A Green Country woman pleaded guilty to embezzlement, but isn't going to jail and won't have to give any money back.

Tana Carter, 37, is the treasurer in Gore, which is near Muskogee.

While she pleaded guilty, Carter said she didn't do anything wrong.

A judge did not order her to repay any of the $60,000.

She's received a five-year deferred sentence.

The town was bonded so it will be reimbursed for the lost money.

Carter has until Sunday to resign.

http://www.newson6.com/story/17627624/gore-city-treasurer-wont-go-to-jail-for-embezzling

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable. Afterall isn't that the normal punishment for government officials who commit crimes? Early retirement or asked politely to resign? That seems to be the case in the hearing going on in D.C. ahyhoos.

Michael

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable. Afterall isn't that the normal punishment for government officials who commit crimes? Early retirement or asked politely to resign? That seems to be the case in the hearing going on in D.C. ahyhoos.

Michael

Some criminals are more equal than others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe she had a good lawyer?

How so? If she was guilty he got her off easy, and if she was innocent he had her plead guilty, is either justice?

“What kind of a legal system is this where we're going to design our rules to encourage guilty people to plead - or innocent people to plead guilty? It's crazy.” Justice Scalia

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
How so? If she was guilty he got her off easy, and if she was innocent he had her plead guilty, is either justice?

“What kind of a legal system is this where we're going to design our rules to encourage guilty people to plead - or innocent people to plead guilty? It's crazy.” Justice Scalia

Lighten up Francis. Your hatred of lawyers, judges, and "the system" is tiresome. You are like a horn that plays one note.

I was being sarcastic. You really, really need to get a grip.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lighten up Francis. Your hatred of lawyers, judges, and "the system" is tiresome. You are like a horn that plays one note.

I was being sarcastic. You really, really need to get a grip.

I said nothing hateful, only asked an honest question. Sorry I didn't catch the sarcasm, hard to tell.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Figures. Back in the late 80s there was a tag agent here in Ada that was over charging for tag re newals. She tried to charge me $30 more than the state said i owed, I refused to pay it. A lot of others did also and she finally got caught. She was arrested and charged, cant remember the exact charge. Long story short she left the state and moved to Alaska, IIRC, came back for her trial and was given a slap on the wrist, deferred sentence and IIRC did not have pay back any of the money she over charged us tax payers for. Her reasoning was she felt she was not getting a large enough share of the fee from the state. ****ing *****.

Latest posts

Top Bottom