Gore City Treasurer Won't Go To Jail For Embezzling $60,000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Figures. Back in the late 80s there was a tag agent here in Ada that was over charging for tag re newals. She tried to charge me $30 more than the state said i owed, I refused to pay it. A lot of others did also and she finally got caught. She was arrested and charged, cant remember the exact charge. Long story short she left the state and moved to Alaska, IIRC, came back for her trial and was given a slap on the wrist, deferred sentence and IIRC did not have pay back any of the money she over charged us tax payers for. Her reasoning was she felt she was not getting a large enough share of the fee from the state. ****ing *****.

Sort of nullifying a law she didn't agree with. Should have nullified her straight to the pen!

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Figures. Back in the late 80s there was a tag agent here in Ada that was over charging for tag re newals. She tried to charge me $30 more than the state said i owed, I refused to pay it. A lot of others did also and she finally got caught. She was arrested and charged, cant remember the exact charge. Long story short she left the state and moved to Alaska, IIRC, came back for her trial and was given a slap on the wrist, deferred sentence and IIRC did not have pay back any of the money she over charged us tax payers for. Her reasoning was she felt she was not getting a large enough share of the fee from the state. ****ing *****.

Kinda off topic but as for tag agents, I think there shouldn't be private ones as we now have or they need closer monitoring by OTC/DPS, etc. Does anyone remember when tag agents (I'm talking years ago) had in their possession and issued vehicle titles from their offices? There's a reason the State now does this from OKC. I'm not implying that all agents are dishonest but some (one in particular) are. Maybe not to the point of over-charging or fraud but the mis-use of information they have access to. The sorry mofo.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not exclusive to government employees...I personally know of two individuals who stole from a private company, one to the tune of $30K. Neither of them went to jail nor did they have to reimburse the company. The owner didn't want a drawn out legal battle and the drain of resources associated with prosecution. They walked....

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda off topic but as for tag agents, I think there shouldn't be private ones as we now have or they need closer monitoring by OTC/DPS, etc. Does anyone remember when tag agents (I'm talking years ago) had in their possession and issued vehicle titles from their offices? There's a reason the State now does this from OKC. I'm not implying that all agents are dishonest but some (one in particular) are. Maybe not to the point of over-charging or fraud but the mis-use of information they have access to. The sorry mofo.

The office in ada is a joke.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gore is a town of about 900 people and it littered with activity like this. The school was over a million dollars in the red a few years ago and somehow managed to be back in the black within a year by restructuring and getting rid of a few people.
Ohh and Tanna's sister worked for Bok as a teller and got in some trouble over embezzlement.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not to sidetrack... but the whole TAG Agent thing smacks of stupid to me. We already have a State Police agency, OSBI, and office that Collects State Taxes, and a DMV.
In every other State one of those agencies registers and plates autos and issues Drivers Licences and Photo ID. Using a contracted TAG AGENT is redundant.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not to sidetrack... but the whole TAG Agent thing smacks of stupid to me. We already have a State Police agency, OSBI, and office that Collects State Taxes, and a DMV.
In every other State one of those agencies registers and plates autos and issues Drivers Licences and Photo ID. Using a contracted TAG AGENT is redundant.
I second that.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My daughter had to do her DL testing and exam at the DPS... you are friggin crazy if you think it would be better to just use them instead of tag agency's... you would have to plan and schedule and get in line, hours just to make it

Latest posts

Top Bottom