Got a new toy today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got back from the range. I found 100 rnds of Winchester HP at wallyworld.
When I loaded the magazine I noticed the rounds were sticking up at a really high angle?
It had some ejection problems as long as the magazine was inserted. It would pull the fired round about half way out, and stop. As long as the magazine was not inserted it fired perfectly every time. I just did a little research on the internet, and found that magazine problems were common for this model. I'm pretty sure I can press the lips of the magazine together to prevent the follower and the rounds from having such a high profile. That should take care of it.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine had one and said if you feed it cci hot rounds you won't have any ftf, don't have first hand knowledge of this it's just what he said.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More like a flame thrower, the .22mag was designed for rifles from the start, and needs a good 18" to 24" of barrel to realize full potental. So the short barrel handguns that fire her tend to throw a pretty good flame downrange.

Holy CRAP! I thought I was going to start a forest fire!!
I love it!!

I'll try the CCI hot loads to see if that helps before I try to modify the mag. Everything I've read says they are real picky about the type of ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom