Got Land?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOTOGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to take my daughter out this Sunday to do some shooting. We both would like to shoot outdoors. I know there's Canadian, but there's the drive, cost, and no shotguns. Does anyone here have land, a range, that we could borrow for a few hours?

Thanks!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many of us would like to have a place to shoot outdoors. I have friends with a bit of land outside the city limits, but I do not want to ask them to allow me to go shoot there (1). They know I enjoy shooting, (2). They haven't offered. Some people may be concerned about the potential liability of allowing someone to shoot firearms on their private land, or simply do not want the peace and quiet disturbed. For whatever reason, it is folk's private property and I understand most not wanting to let others shoot there. You might consider researching the Lexington Wildlife refuge. I believe you can shoot there with a hunting license, but you need to research it and find out.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never been there but I would suggest looking at the range at Lexington as well. Finding someone to let a total stranger shoot on their private land is going to be very difficult. Pauls Valley gun range is $50 a year and very lax in rules if you think it might turn into something regular and dont mind a bit of a drive.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never been there but I would suggest looking at the range at Lexington as well. Finding someone to let a total stranger shoot on their private land is going to be very difficult. Pauls Valley gun range is $50 a year and very lax in rules if you think it might turn into something regular and dont mind a bit of a drive.
Just remember that too legally shoot at the Lexington range, everyone has to have a valid hunting license.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out Okie Shooters in Luther. It's a private outdoor range that goes out to 200 yards and it's only $60 per year. They allow shotgun and it's never as busy as Banner Road.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Check out Okie Shooters in Luther. It's a private outdoor range that goes out to 200 yards and it's only $60 per year. They allow shotgun and it's never as busy as Banner Road.

good idea gmar, i just about forgot about that place. i was a member for a year or two. it's kinda in the sticks but there was never anyone else there

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
good idea gmar, i just about forgot about that place. i was a member for a year or two. it's kinda in the sticks but there was never anyone else there

Yep, I like it out there. I haven't been out there since they built it but they now have a dedicated pistol range which is going to be nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom