Got one with the Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first deer with a pistol. I have carried it for several years but never had an opportunity to get one with it. Had a doe come by just out of range early this morning. She was around 75 yards and I think I could have hit her but was not confident on shot placement at that distance. This little buck came by about 9 and gave me a 20 yard shot and I could not pass it up. Broke his back on the first shot and he dropped. S&W 686 .357 mag. I guess this is the year for hunting the hard way. Got a doe with my recurve and a buck with the pistol. Now I am getting out the M1 Carbine to see if I can pick off a doe with it.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_IMG_0891.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first deer with a pistol. I have carried it for several years but never had an opportunity to get one with it. Had a doe come by just out of range early this morning. She was around 75 yards and I think I could have hit her but was not confident on shot placement at that distance. This little buck came by about 9 and gave me a 20 yard shot and I could not pass it up. Broke his back on the first shot and he dropped. S&W 686 .357 mag. I guess this is the year for hunting the hard way. Got a doe with my recurve and a buck with the pistol. Now I am getting out the M1 Carbine to see if I can pick off a doe with it.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_IMG_0891.jpg

Congrats! I put pistol hunting right up there with a bow.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool! I shot a doe with my 44 mag a couple of years ago. It really is something to take a deer with a handgun, especially an open sighted revolver.WTG!

Scott

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I never even considered a shot at a little buck like that with a rifle but it is a special deer for me with the pistol. I'm still hunting with the recurve. Maybe a big one will come by within range of that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom