Got Pulled Over By The OHP Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had my Kahr in the console and he didn't even ask me to see it. :pissed:

I was doing a touch too fast coming back from Amarillo this morning and he decided to have a chat with me around Elk City. Handed him my DL, CCW and insurance and said I was carrying. He asked where it was and I told him. Then he said he was gonna give me a warning for my speed and handed me my CCW and insurance back. 3 minutes later I was back on the highway. I'm not normally a speeder, but I was ready to get home, lol. Second time in 3 years I've been pulled over (both OHP) and both they troopers were great.

Told me to be safe before he left, but he neglected to ask where I was going.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone will blame you for speeding. That strech between Amarillo and Hinton, has to be one of the dullest views on I-40. I grew up in Elk City. I do still know some of the LEOs out there. Glad you just got a warning.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nearly identical experience with OHP on Memorial Day weekend. Told him I was carrying, he just asked if it was on my person. That was the extent of it. Didn't even ask to see my license (though I laid it on the dash while he ran my info).

I even left the car running the whole time (was near 90 degrees, wife and two kids, son is 2 and daughter is 4 months, were in the truck with me). Officer Payne of Troop B was very professional and courteous.

All in all, a very positive experience for me going 68 to 69-ish in a 65 :).

Latest posts

Top Bottom