Grant Imahara of mythbusters dead at 49

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad I can't read the damn article due to sign-in restrictions.
Hummm. Works for me

“”””Grant Imahara, an electrical engineer who co-hosted the pop science show “MythBusters” on the Discovery Channel and operated robots in the “Star Wars” prequels and other major Hollywood films, has died. He was 49.

His death was confirmed on Monday night by Discovery Communications. A company spokeswoman said that the cause was believed to be a brain aneurysm and that Mr. Imahara, who lived in Los Angeles, was thought to have died hours earlier. No other details were immediately available.

Mr. Imahara was born in Los Angeles on Oct. 23, 1970, and graduated in 1993 with a degree in electrical engineering from the University of Southern California, according to his Facebook page and a brief biography on the Discovery website.

He later worked as an animatronics engineer and model maker for Industrial Light & Magic, a designer of movie special effects that was founded by George Lucas in 1975. In a brief biography on the Internet Movie Database, Mr. Imahara is described as an “electronics wizard” who worked “behind the scenes of many top Hollywood films for years.” “”””””

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hummm. Works for me

Annotation.png

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had no idea he was that old! That was one of the last good shows on Discovery channel (That and Dirty Jobs) before they went almost exclusively to scripted fake reality shows...

Latest posts

Top Bottom