Group Buy .223/5.56

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who is interested in a group buy? I'm tired of hunting around for ammo.

"These rounds are precision loaded in new Lake City Military Brass with a 55 Grain FMJ-BT bullet. The combination yields a great value for any shooting sport. In stock and usually ships same day. Safe for firing in all .223 chambered rifles. New Ammunition."

-From Vendor Ventura Tactical

Caliber: 5.56mm
Bullet Style: 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail
Case Type: Lake City Brass
Muzzle Velocity: 3025 fps
Quantity: 1000/Loose Case

Need 30 cases or more for this to go through. I will have the exact prices coming through. I am anticipating sub $300 price point or very close to it with shipping less than $25. So anticipating sub $325 out the door price. By putting your name on the list there is no commitment to anything at all. I wont ask anyone for money until we get to 30 cases. OKC guys and gals, you can get in on this too if someone who makes it to Tulsa every so often will pick it up for the OKC delivery.

Start a list please with your EXACT username. If you want more than one put your username on the list multiple times indicating the number you want:

1.RIPNBST
2.RIPNBST

Copy and paste this list into your post and then add yourself for the number of cases you want.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just bought some of this from Ventura. I have not shot any of it yet.
Excellent communication and customer service BTW.
I got mine for $300 per K shipped when it was on sale about a month ago.
I wouldn't pay more than that for reloads unless you are desperate.
I see Aim Surplus is out of most of their good stuff BTW. They usually have Aguilla, PMC GOLD or PriviPartizan for about $325 pr k shipped.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought some of this from Ventura. I have not shot any of it yet.
Excellent communication and customer service BTW.
I got mine for $300 per K shipped when it was on sale about a month ago.
I wouldn't pay more than that for reloads unless you are desperate.
I see Aim Surplus is out of most of their good stuff BTW. They usually have Aguilla, PMC GOLD or PriviPartizan for about $325 pr k shipped.

These are not reloads.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got more firm pricing. Here is where we are at. These will cost $335-$340 per case total cost, including shipping. The reason I have a range is the shipping charge is not set in stone as of yet. I was given a range of btw $600-$700 to ship a pallet of this stuff, that's right we'd be ordering a pallet of it. I will lock in the final price once I gauge interest but so far this is looking like a flop. Does no one else want to get in on a case of 1000 rounds of .223/5.56 for $335?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ripnbst,

Hipshot has an ad in the clasifieds for $400/1k rounds of 62gr 5.56x45. I'm not sure who manufactured it. Also, I not sure how competitve of a price your group buy over purchasing commercially available LC M193 in bulk quantities.

I think your idea is a good one but maybe a different choice in projectile or a cheaper "plinking" rounds would get a better response.

Just my 2 cents.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Safe for firing in all .223 chambered rifles"
To me, this is a red flag. It's listed as "5.56" and not ".223"

I got 1000 rds. of real Federal XM193 5.56 yesterday from Glen's Outdoors for $345 delivered.
http://www.glensoutdoors.com/Federal-Lake-City-Tactical-XM193-5-56-x-45mm-55-Gr-p/xm193bk.htm

In order for me to pull the trigger on the above group buy, it would have to be quite a bit less than $340 delivered. Just doesn't seem like a good deal, IMO, when you can get XM193 from Federal or Pri Priv for the same price, and have it shipped directly to your house. YMMV

Latest posts

Top Bottom