GSG-5 first range trip...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a GSG-5 from AirMech74 last week and finally took it to H&H for some testing.
This little gun is super accurate. I was very impressed. I fired a couple of rounds at about 15 yards (using an "X" target for those familiar with the H&H targets) to check the sights as I had removed the rear sight and disassembled the gun completely over the weekend.
No adjustment needed.
I fired the rest of the mag and tore the center out of the target on number 2.
I reloaded and rapid fired through the entire 24 rounds at number 3 and every shot stayed in a 6" pattern inside the target.
moved the target back to 35 yards. Slow fired at number 4 and had a 6" grouping.
rapid fired at 35 yards on number 1 and all but two stayed inside the target, the other two were about two inches outside target.
reloaded and rapid fired at about 20 yards at number 5 and had a 5" grouping.

I hoped for a decent little plinker and was pretty floored by it's accuracy and function. I had a couple of failure to feed's using federal bulk ammo. Using CCI mini-mag, there were no FTF's.

I have plans for this little gun now.:rubhands:

Thank you James, thank you very much.:thumbup3:

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Love Mine As Well And Had The Exact Same Thought On Mine. Once They Break In Some The Ftf Will Drop Off Some. I Also Did The Bolt Mods, Put All Of The H/k Pins In Mine And Also Clearenced The Firing Pin Some To Help Make Sure It Makes Positive Strikes On The Rounds.

I Put A Cheap Bsa Red Dot On Mine And It All Sorts Of Fun, My Only Thing Is I Wish The Front Sight Rings Was Not On The Gun Or Could Be Taken Off As It Bugs Me A Little When Looking Through The Sight.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeff....I'm glad to hear you like it....I found what I was looking for just after bumping into you at the gunshow...I'm hoping to get it out to the range this weekend.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeff....I'm glad to hear you like it....I found what I was looking for just after bumping into you at the gunshow...I'm hoping to get it out to the range this weekend.

I saw that, congrats. I hope it shoots as well as the gsg. I think I'm gonna SBR it and i'm definitely putting a can on it. getting an SWR Spectre.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i loved mine and the only reason i sold it was to fund the new model thats coming out

I saw the new model but i'm on the fence about it. it's cool but it sort of strikes me as an exaggerated MP5. It seems more toy-like than the old version. I dunno. I want to put hands on rather than judging from pictures.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excuse the thread hijack, but I don't own an AR yet and am wondering how you would compare this to the M&P 15-22. Thanks
B

Latest posts

Top Bottom