Guitar service/setup in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had both Steve Hickerson and Brad James work on a couple of my high value guitars and they are outstanding. I have a friend who does it on the side and would be less of a wait time. If you take it to Steve or Brad you'll be looking at a couple weeks minimum.

If you want my friend's number, PM me and I'll ask him if it's ok to give out.

If you have any amp issues, I have another good friend that has built me a couple of custom handwired amps, worked on all my vintage amps and did all the extra work that Rick Potter couldn't handle in Rick's last years. Hell of a guy and just as big a guitar and amp geek as me. PM me if you need an amp worked on,.. but only if it's PTP. If there is a PCB board on it, he probably won't touch it.

You can always take your guitar to Guitar Center and have them do a quick setup on it. That's probably the easiest for now. Get it close and play it,.. see if it's worth the extra $$$ to send it to a pro. I know a lot of guys that play $300 guitars and sound just as good as my $3000 guitar. It's all in the fingers. SRV would sound like SRV on your Epi. Joe Bonamassa would sound like himself if he grabbed your acoustic and ripped off Woke up Dreaming. The other guitarist in my band has a combined guitar value of maybe $1200,... combined! He loves them and he sounds great. I don't bring a guitar to a gig that's worth less than $1200,.. I love them and I think I sound good too. Unfortunately for me, I just happen to love Les Pauls. The key is get a guitar and play the hell out of it. If you like it, keep it. If you don't, find a new one. Don't listen to people trashing your Epi, they are just fine.

Good luck. PM me if you have any questions.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had both Steve Hickerson and Brad James work on a couple of my high value guitars and they are outstanding. I have a friend who does it on the side and would be less of a wait time. If you take it to Steve or Brad you'll be looking at a couple weeks minimum.

If you want my friend's number, PM me and I'll ask him if it's ok to give out.

If you have any amp issues, I have another good friend that has built me a couple of custom handwired amps, worked on all my vintage amps and did all the extra work that Rick Potter couldn't handle in Rick's last years. Hell of a guy and just as big a guitar and amp geek as me. PM me if you need an amp worked on,.. but only if it's PTP. If there is a PCB board on it, he probably won't touch it.

You can always take your guitar to Guitar Center and have them do a quick setup on it. That's probably the easiest for now. Get it close and play it,.. see if it's worth the extra $$$ to send it to a pro. I know a lot of guys that play $300 guitars and sound just as good as my $3000 guitar. It's all in the fingers. SRV would sound like SRV on your Epi. Joe Bonamassa would sound like himself if he grabbed your acoustic and ripped off Woke up Dreaming. The other guitarist in my band has a combined guitar value of maybe $1200,... combined! He loves them and he sounds great. I don't bring a guitar to a gig that's worth less than $1200,.. I love them and I think I sound good too. Unfortunately for me, I just happen to love Les Pauls. The key is get a guitar and play the hell out of it. If you like it, keep it. If you don't, find a new one. Don't listen to people trashing your Epi, they are just fine.

Good luck. PM me if you have any questions.

Ask your buddy if he'd work on a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't listen to people trashing your Epi, they are just fine.
+1000.

Before there even was Gibson there was Epiphone. I have gigged and toured with Gibson and Epiphone LPs for over 20 years, always had Epiphone LPs as backups and some of them have played so good that they got played more than the Gibsons. About a $450 guitar vs many thousands for any of the Gibsons but some of the better ones play just as sweet. Like Carl I also have had a thing for LPs, ever since I was 14 and bought my first Gibson LP Standard. We're playing 7string superstrats right now to cover most of our newer material but we still try to get our LPs out when we can.

Epiphone LP Custom
[Broken External Image]

Gibson LP Custom
[Broken External Image]

The 'girls'
[Broken External Image]

Thats me on the right side doin what I do with my LP. My bandmate has more LPs than I do.
[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom