Guitar service/setup in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what it is about Les Pauls,.. I love my other guitars but something about the LP is just awesome to me. I think it was the Sonic Temple cover where Billy Duffy had his Custom (which he never played on the album,.... it was a natural finish Custom he recorded with) and his arm was flying around was so damn cool. I was just out of high school and in the Navy when that came out and I was sold on Les Pauls ever since. I had 2 Epiphone Les Pauls before my first Gibson and they were great for shipboard life and Steel Beach Picnics where we would setup on the aft deck and jam for the crew on the fantail.

If I can get this pic to post,.. I took the family to Los Angeles last week for spring break. I grew up in Pasadena and so we went out there for some fun. We stayed in Santa Monica and there is a vintage guitar shop there called Truetone Music. I hung out there for a couple of hours and almost bought a '74 black Custom. They also had a wall of Blackface amps,.. tweed amps,.. but no old Marshalls.It was fun. My daughter saw a Gretsch White Falcon and said WOW!! I said yup,.. a lot of people started playing guitar because of Billy Duffy and that guitar.

ov45TFY3Yg7ztM_-iXK-8csDdaPXPvBiMzGuGEQEq6E=w161-h215-p-no

Cheers

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(Sorry to the OP for the hijack posts...).

Not sure what it is about Les Pauls,.. I love my other guitars but something about the LP is just awesome to me. I think it was the Sonic Temple cover where Billy Duffy had his Custom (which he never played on the album,.... it was a natural finish Custom he recorded with) and his arm was flying around was so damn cool. I was just out of high school and in the Navy when that came out and I was sold on Les Pauls ever since. I had 2 Epiphone Les Pauls before my first Gibson and they were great for shipboard life and Steel Beach Picnics where we would setup on the aft deck and jam for the crew on the fantail.

If I can get this pic to post,.. I took the family to Los Angeles last week for spring break. I grew up in Pasadena and so we went out there for some fun. We stayed in Santa Monica and there is a vintage guitar shop there called Truetone Music. I hung out there for a couple of hours and almost bought a '74 black Custom. They also had a wall of Blackface amps,.. tweed amps,.. but no old Marshalls.It was fun. My daughter saw a Gretsch White Falcon and said WOW!! I said yup,.. a lot of people started playing guitar because of Billy Duffy and that guitar.

ov45TFY3Yg7ztM_-iXK-8csDdaPXPvBiMzGuGEQEq6E=w161-h215-p-no

Cheers

I know that store. I grew up in San Diego but have spent alot of time in the LA area hanging around at my older sisters house in Huntington B.

If you notice, Customs are my ultimate faves. I have several Standards but the rest are all Customs. 3 are blackies, 2 Gibbies and the black/chrome Epiphone in my previous post.

Billy Duffy- the song "Santuary" taught me alot about being more melodic and using more moving arpeggios. Im a classical trained metal shredder turned thrash/hardcore player but I loved 'The Cult'.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(Sorry to the OP for the hijack posts...).

I know that store. I grew up in San Diego but have spent alot of time in the LA area hanging around at my older sisters house in Huntington B.

If you notice, Customs are my ultimate faves. I have several Standards but the rest are all Customs. 3 are blackies, 2 Gibbies and the black/chrome Epiphone in my previous post.

Billy Duffy- the song "Santuary" taught me alot about being more melodic and using more moving arpeggios. Im a classical trained metal shredder turned thrash/hardcore player but I loved 'The Cult'.

Yea,.. sorry to completely derail the OP's thread.

I did notice your Customs and they are very nice. Like Wesley Snipes said,.. Always bet on black.

Here's a pic from last year's BOK Center show. I brought the R8 and my relic'd King Bee Strat into my JTM45. The purses are not mine,.... LOL
SL380002.JPG

Here's 2 years ago at the Rock 'n Rib Fest. Brought my Peckerhead amp that Bob Peck made for me.
My+Gear.jpg

We should put together a Shoot & Jam weekend. I built a practice room/recording room behind my house a few years ago and it's the perfect place to turn up, drink beer, jam and talk about music. Of course we'd have to go shoot first but then we could jam with other OSA'ers that play. I'm not classicly trained,.. I taught myself but I have a pretty good ear,... but I like to play and my band plays all the outdoor festivals here in Tulsa, and before BOK Center concerts on the outdoor stage. We don't do bars anymore,.. it's too late and I have to haul all the PA gear. I'd rather hang and jam with my kids. I don't really play metal but I love to listen to it. I'm still stuck in the Black Crowes, Cult, AC/DC, Gov't Mule style,... I just seem to play it better.

We should really think about getting all us OSA players together for a jam.

Latest posts

Top Bottom