Gun auction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything was WAY too high. I left at the #36 mark.

I'm the nerd with the pony tail that was Googling everything's retail and sold-price. At #36, there wasn't a single one that didn't go for less than 20% above market value. Plus they had the 5% buyer's premium, with the 8.5% sales tax compounded on it, which meant if you bought a gun there you paid 50% too much.

I seriously thought about asking at the table when I left if I could come back in with a few guns to add to the sale.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The last three gun autions I've gone to in the last year or so, prices were crazy high. They were not in large towns either. The last one only had about 50 bidders. Rifles that were in about 75% condition were going for over $100 more than what you could buy one new! It's the frenzy of the auction I guess. Anyone know what the Remington 5mm mag went for?

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last three gun autions I've gone to in the last year or so, prices were crazy high. They were not in large towns either. The last one only had about 50 bidders. Rifles that were in about 75% condition were going for over $100 more than what you could buy one new! It's the frenzy of the auction I guess. Anyone know what the Remington 5mm mag went for?

It went for $260

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats the thing with auctions. You get someone there that is bound and determine to buy something.

Example....At a farm sale one time for mine dad near Perry. He sent me after some equipment and tools if prices were good. Equipment was junk and went high i didnt bid. The tools on the other hand was all over. I bid on pick of a pile of 3/8 and 5/16 log chains. I got out bid at $35 and he picked best two and the rest were needing hooks or were stretched. Ten minutes later I bought 12 or 13 (a set) of 1" drive PROTO impact sockets for the pricey sum of $40. In grainger catolog the cheapest (smallest one there) went for around $60. Then bought a 5' rock bar for $20.

Once saw a small carry type tool box full of harbor frieght wrenches and sockets ect. go for over 150 at another sale back home in Red Rock. Not an american made peice in it out side the vintage craftsman box they were in that was all dented up. coulda had all of it new i bet for less than $75.

Auctions are fun. Deals can be had but know what your bidding on and a good auctioneer can run price up fast.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom