Guns in cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no expectation of privacy when operating your vehicle on a public road way and remeber driving is a privelage not a right, you have a right to a home and to live but there are no constitutional gaurantees of the right to drive

Actually, you don't have a right to a home.

I disagree that your vehicle is an extension of your home plain and simple its not. In your house its your castle where I feel you should be protected and defended from everything you choose to be protected and defended against. However a vehicle simply by nature of its design to be mobile and the fact that they are left un-attended when parked I don't feel should be an extension of your home by any means because that opens up a whole new ballgame of legal defense for crimes committed in your car.

Your home is unattended when you are away.

I don't think there should be a license to carry any gun in any manner anywhere. It's already illegal to shoot people. That's enough.

Weapons license:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

+1

In the car, I still have it in the holster in my waistband. At 2:00, it's not that hard to get to, and its not a small gun either (XD45T). Sometimes to the city, we take my wife's Baby Eagle for the console, and if I decide to stay in the truck while she shops some place I move it to the door.

specialop24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think there should be a license to carry any gun in any manner anywhere. It's already illegal to shoot people. That's enough.

Weapons license:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

+1 and then some...

Thats one of the major things I think is great about Vermont and Alaska. If you want to carry concealed...go ahead. Carry open.... Go ahead. Its completely legal. You can have all the guns in your car or truck that you want. Ahh... Dreams. Maybe someday.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Weapons license:

I believe I'm going to have to put a + on that one:mosh:

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that applies to the federal government not the states at this point.

Weapons license:

Latest posts

Top Bottom