gunsmith help wanted for a minor job ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been a member for over a year and I have no intentions in taking care of someone elses business on these forums. I would just like to know how this goes. I have never looked into such a thing. Sorry to have made you fall on the floor and laugh so hard. My apologies.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been a member for over a year and I have no intentions in taking care of someone elses business on these forums. I would just like to know how this goes. I have never looked into such a thing. Sorry to have made you fall on the floor and laugh so hard. My apologies.

LOL ... My apologies ... it's December is my only excuse ... well, that and apparently I "might" be needing a new eyeglass prescription ... ;)

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh... I just knocked the rear sight off and used 11mm (3/8") scope rings to hold a long eye relief pistol scope on to the rail that the original rear sight assembly sits on. I used a drill to add a notch to the bottom of the scope ring clamps so that it aligned with the pinholes under the rail that held the original rear sight assembly in place. I reinserted the pins, aligning the notched ring clamps to the pinholes and it's enough to prevent the scope rings from creeping foward from the recoil.

A second option is to use a 11mm (3/8") to picatinny rail adapter and use weaver/picatinny rings or mounts to attach your scope or red dot. If using the rails adapter, I recommend doing the same thing and notching the bottom of the clamps with the pinholes or using some rubber / locktite / ect to roughen the rails so the whole mount doesn't creep forward under recoil.

www.aestus.net_pics_mosin.jpg

Last edited:

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh... I just knocked the rear sight off and used 11mm scope rings to hold a long eye relief pistol scope on to the rail that the original rear sight assembly sits on. I used a drill to add a notch to the bottom of the scope ring clamps so that it aligned with the pinholes under the rail that held the original rear sight assembly in place. I reinserted the pins, aligning the notched ring clamps to the pinholes and it's enough to prevent the scope rings from creeping foward from the recoil.

A second option is to use a 11mm to picatinny rail adapter and use weaver/picatinny rings or mounts to attach your scope or red dot. If using the rails adapter, I recommend doing the same thing and notching the bottom of the clamps with the pinholes or using some rubber / locktite / ect to roughen the rails so the whole mount doesn't creep forward under recoil.

www.aestus.net_pics_mosin.jpg
I've seen this done many times on another gun forum. and every one like how it works. an shows some nice groups too. :thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom