H&H gun prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbroyles2

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be cool if H&H was like the Ultimate Electronics of guns. You know, "We shop Outdoor, Gun world, Academy, Big Boy's, Gene Sears, and Walmart (At least the one in Norman still has some rifles) everyday to make sure we have the lowest prices in town, PERIOD". Why Not, what a selling point?!!!

jbroyles2

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's nice, I had to order the ammo I wanted for it because I couldn't find any around. Gene sears is a gun store in el reno

Gene Sears is the first gun store I ever visited as a kid. I remember being amazed at all of the lever guns on the rack. I believe at one time, maybe even still, Gene Sears was a dealer for gun dealers - They distribute to gun dealers around Oklahoma. When my grandparents lived in El Reno I bought tons of stuff from Gene Sears. They have always had good prices, but Outdoor and H&H are only half the distance from the house, and I am rarely in El Reno. If they have the Puma m92 in 454 casull in stock, I will have to make the trip. I try to keep all of my lever/pistol pairs complete. Only if they made the lever in 500 S&W.

vette447

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While their customer service is much better than OAS, H&H is a little on the high side for most things. I have purchased several guns in there but mostly it was because I had a gift card or I just had to have some gun and they happen to carry it. I will hand it to them, they have almost everything in stock. I guess you have to pay a little extra to support a place that carries that much inventory.

I called OAS the other day and they don't even attempt to answer the phone anymore. I then called the (800) number listed on their website for out of state sales and someone in the back office answered right away. Funny thing is that I went ahead and drove over there because I was out and the store was empty. You'd think they could answer the phone if there is no one in the store. Go figure...

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had good and bad service at H&H. My wife and I were in there on Saturday. There were two employees playing with an HK P7 from the handgun case near the S&W J frames. We wanted to look at the 638 and were not about to ask to be helped. We stood there looking at them and then looking at the gun. They were more interested in chatting each other up and finally moved to the next isle west where the holsters are to finish their conversation. We were waiting a good 30 minutes for someone to show us the pistol. Finally a nice older gentleman came and asked us what we needed and showed us a few of the Js in there. I guess those two guys before didn't feel like any commission on Saturday. If I ever buy a firearm there, I'll seek out the man that helped us. Don't remember his name, but I'll always remember his face.

I also really hate what they did with the reloading stuff. Seems like they didn't have enough space before, and now it seems like less space and everything is behind the counter. Maybe it's just me but I don't like it.

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've had the same thing happen to me a few times. i've actually had some of the sales guys look my right in the eyes and just stand around. but i've never had to wait more than 10 minutes, someone else always comes around

Latest posts

Top Bottom