H&H rifle sighting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a new rifle scope (savage 111 with nikon 3-9bdc) a month ago and have only been able to get it close. I went to H&H and they said they have a sight in service for rifles for $50. Anybody else done this before? Good or bad? Would love to do it myself but time makes it difficult to get to an outdoor range.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure if they do that or what. This has more to do with trying to find time to get out there. I work in the day and go to school m-th in the evenings. I don't mind paying to do it if they do it well. If I get an oppurtunity at shooting a deer, I don't want to worry about whether or not the scope is zeroed. Just seeing if anybody from h&h knows what they do/ how accurate the process is, or anybody paid to get it done. This was on their website:

"You can sight in any rifle (Permitted on range) for distances of up to 1000 yards
with our computerized sight in program (Accuracy to 1/1000 of an inch out to 1000 yards).
Standard ammo on all firearms is required."

-http://www.hhshootingsports.com/Gun_Range.htm

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure if they do that or what. This has more to do with trying to find time to get out there. I work in the day and go to school m-th in the evenings. I don't mind paying to do it if they do it well. If I get an oppurtunity at shooting a deer, I don't want to worry about whether or not the scope is zeroed. Just seeing if anybody from h&h knows what they do/ how accurate the process is, or anybody paid to get it done. This was on their website:

"You can sight in any rifle (Permitted on range) for distances of up to 1000 yards
with our computerized sight in program (Accuracy to 1/1000 of an inch out to 1000 yards).
Standard ammo on all firearms is required."

-http://www.hhshootingsports.com/Gun_Range.htm[/QUOTE

Impressive number. I would like to see the method, and would like all my rifles to be capable of such accuracy. Since a couple of them shoot like hoses, that would be a neat trick, even with standard ammo.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a new rifle scope (savage 111 with nikon 3-9bdc) a month ago and have only been able to get it close. I went to H&H and they said they have a sight in service for rifles for $50. Anybody else done this before? Good or bad? Would love to do it myself but time makes it difficult to get to an outdoor range.

Did they also tell you that they do that for you (and one of the gunsmiths does it not a range worker, if you will), in other words you leave the rifle and the ammo and they do it for you? You can do it yourself, but if pressed for time then it is up to you sir. Now if you decide to do so and leave it with them ask when they will have it done. Just trying to help here.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I dropped it off and pick it up wednesday. They say its normally next day but this time of the year takes longer. It was at the gunsmithing counter if that helps. I would rather do it myself, but time is hard to come by right now, all I have free is the weekends and I have a wife and 3 year old at home. They didn't claim the 1/1000" inch off, just saw that on their webstie. They made it sound like they had a guy who zeros it in.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sighting in rifles at H&H has always been difficult for me. I have trouble finding a way to stabalize the rifle on the "benches" provided.

Any advice on how to do this would be welcome. I don't have a problem with the 30 yard range distances, just getting a steady hold.

chevy4wd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I dropped it off and pick it up wednesday. They say its normally next day but this time of the year takes longer. It was at the gunsmithing counter if that helps. I would rather do it myself, but time is hard to come by right now, all I have free is the weekends and I have a wife and 3 year old at home. They didn't claim the 1/1000" inch off, just saw that on their webstie. They made it sound like they had a guy who zeros it in.
Let me know how it turns out.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 1/1000ths of an inch is a computer program that says your scope and theoretical poi will be that close, based on the trajectory of the cartridge you supply. It doesn't mean your rifle will be capable of that kind of accuracy. None are.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 1/1000ths of an inch is a computer program that says your scope and theoretical poi will be that close, based on the trajectory of the cartridge you supply. It doesn't mean your rifle will be capable of that kind of accuracy. None are.

Good point, and I am not really fond of the computer programs for rifles and such, Thank you.\