H&H rifle sighting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I'm well aware of that. Just wondering if anyone knew the process or had them do it. The gun I got has lots of people claiming 1 moa and many times a little better. Just not sure how they transfer the program to dialing in the scope. I'm not going to be able to shoot it to test it before I go out and I just hope they do w quality job with it.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rest assured, if they do their job, the Savage will do it's job. Just be sure to use the exact same ammo they used.

And a follow-up report after deer season would be nice.:)

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wouldn't be able to shoot at a deer without first shooting my rifle myself. Hopefully they will do fine but having someone else sight in my rifle is just not for me.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I get a bore sighter for about $4o bucks and set it in the vise...pretty dang close
I also use the bore sighter to find the aim on my pistols, but I am not a gunsmith, carry on

What are the most accurate brands? What style do you use, the bullet type?

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do this after dark. Take the bolt out. Rest the scoped rifle so you can sight a street light at 50 or 100 yards...through the bore. Don't move the rifle. Set your cross hairs on the light too. You'll be on paper at 100 yards with either the 50 or 100 yard street light setting.

chevy4wd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do this after dark. Take the bolt out. Rest the scoped rifle so you can sight a street light at 50 or 100 yards...through the bore. Don't move the rifle. Set your cross hairs on the light too. You'll be on paper at 100 yards with either the 50 or 100 yard street light setting.
+1. This method never fails, is cheap, and saves ammo. Forget spending money on lasers and such.

shortyokc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1. This method never fails, is cheap, and saves ammo. Forget spending money on lasers and such.

iv used this method above also and works really well. i also have a laser bore sighter i got for $30 that gets it close and last rifle i sighted with it that was my 1st time i was 2-3 moa off at 50 yards but i had limited space in my back yard when i did this.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Go to Natchez reloading and by you sa good laser bore sighter for 60.00 and you will have it for life. It takes 30 seconds to site it in... By the way 50.00 to bore site it is WAY TO HIGH!

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a 150 gr Fusion in my 30 06 Savage. They seem to give me the most consistant accuracy.

The difference between just bore sighting and computer aided sighting is that the computer figures in the bullet drop at specific distances for each brand & weight of bullet. A laser on the other hand is a perfectly straight line out of the barrel out to infinity. What you would save in the cost of a box or 2 of ammo and your time.. $50-60 isn't that bad of a price.. especially if the business guarantees their work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom