hakim rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delmato

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi everyone I went to the Shawnee gun show yesterday 2-20-10 with no intention of buying anything except maybe some ammo but I came home with an Egyptian Hakim rifle in 8mm It is in pretty good condition I paid 275.00 for it Does anyone else have one of these and if so your opinion I just bought it cause I like the look of it and I have a bunch of 8mm ammo Thanks

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Del -

First, welcome to the board! Second, did you buy a keyboard that has no punctuation keys on it? ;)

If your Hakim is in "Good to Very Good" condition and has all the parts, especially all of the ones making up the rear sight, then you did pretty well with the price. Here's a link that will tell you more about your new acquisition; be sure and read the operation manual, especially where the bolt carrier and cover are concerned. Getting your thumb caught in the carrier mechanism can result in an injury that makes the Garand Thumb look like a mere scratch in comparison ;)

It's fun to shoot with the Hakim at the range, since the adjustable gas valve allows you to use a wide range of 8mm ammo, both surplus and modern. The rifle's heft and semi-auto action dampen the recoil pretty well, too.

As always, when shooting with corrosive surplus, be sure and clean the rifle well afterward! That goes for the ports in the muzzle, too. I've seen a couple Hakims with badly pitted muzzles. Does your rifle have a really hard maroon-colored finish? Perhaps with Arabic markings on the butt?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a politeness when you take it to the range,
Go down aways from everybody else. They will thank you for it.
The muzzle brake on those creates a terrible blast to the people immeadiately on each side of you.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perplexed, most of the links in the sight you listed are no longer valid. If you have hard copies of any of that information I would be especially interested in the instructions for modding MG13 mags.

Regards,
Ek

Ek,

Three broken links out of sixteen isn't "most" :) All the links for the maintenance manual, which I wanted the OP to see, as well as the Surplusrifle article, are still valid. I can't help you with the MG13 mag mods though, as I've not tried that myself - sorry. But I do recall seeing articles on the Net about that, so try Googling it.

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watch out for the bolt!
Mine shoots well. They are heavy and the balance / feel isn't great.
With a little searching you will find a lot of info. on the web.
Watch out for the bolt!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
make sure you dont experience hakim thumb, its a billion times worse than garand thumb. and $275 is a really good deal, i've seen them go for upwards of $500 on surplus rifle forum

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
make sure you dont experience hakim thumb, its a billion times worse than garand thumb. and $275 is a really good deal, i've seen them go for upwards of $500 on surplus rifle forum

Heh Heh, the first time I saw one of these rifles at a gunshow the dealer that had it said the injury you got from an accidental bolt closure was called the Hakim Hand.
T.P.

Latest posts

Top Bottom