Took the plunge on the Portuguese M937A....lots of pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like milsurp.

I REALLY like milsurp.

So, as you know, new stuff doesn't come around very often. But when it does, I'm interested.

I decided to take the $1500 plunge on the Porto M937A. As they are damned rare in the US.

I have a M1904/36 Vergueiro and this would make it a good companion.

It came with 900 rounds of Greek 1939 8mm ammo which makes the price a bit more palatable.

I must say it is a gorgeous rifle. It is in excellent condition.

Of course it is matching and it comes 100% complete. Rifle, sling, rod, even bayonet.

The crest is beautiful.

It basically is a 98K (made in Germany even) but with a Vergueiro front sight.

Waffennampts

I must say the ammo is as impressive as the rifle. Awesome condition, both the boxes and the ammo. I'm impressed Greek man.

So I shot 45 rounds yesterday from 100m to 500m. It performed flawlessly, except for shooting about 2 inches low and 3 inches right at 100.
Once I got my hold I was hitting 8 inch rounds at 100 without a problem, 200 without a problem, I was minute of man at 300 and minute of doorway at 500. I wasn't doing it on paper and didn't have a sighter, so I couldn't really dial it in.

No rust.

So the ammo is obviously corrosive. But just remember doing a good cleaning with your choice of salt remover and you are good to go. I prefer WWII green can GI bore cleaner, but even just really hot water following with a good oiling will work fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom